Hollowbody 594: Core model??

Tag

They need to do this. Such a great model and it seems lots of people are interested, and most importantly it sounds SO good! The big neck, the ease of the scale length. Im in love. :D I finally got around to doing a clip for anyone who wants to hear my sound. This one is with overdrive, into my Quinn into a typica rockishl bluesy backing. You can clearly hear the bigger body hollowness and clarity in the low turn pups. I love it! What might be a nice option for the harder rockers is a 57/08 in the bridge position. Comparing to my other PRS that have them, you can hear it, but its not a huge difference. The neck pup is unbeatable, and the bridge sure sounds good as well, which is what I used here. There are some PS versions around, and I strongly suggest grabbing one of these bad boys! (Or girls, your preference!) :p

Damn, that sounds so good!!! I’ve heard a decent amount of your recordings through the years and while you’ve always sounded great, this is easily the best sounding guitar I’ve ever heard you play. That new PS is seriously amazing, it’s so buttery smooth.

Reactions: Tag
I am on a self imposed sabatical from posting, but had to comment on that great playing. That is very sweet Tag! The guitar looks and sounds awesome. It is a very nice PS model with all the right stuff and not over the top with bling. Just the right amount. I want one bad. but PS cant happen. Thank you for sharing.

I am on a self imposed sabatical from posting, but had to comment on that great playing. That is very sweet Tag! The guitar looks and sounds awesome. It is a very nice PS model with all the right stuff and not over the top with bling. Just the right amount. I want one bad. but PS cant happen. Thank you for sharing.

Im glad you guys dug it. Looking at it compared to my Pomegranate, its definitely less over the top, but actually has more detail work. I think the fhinner purfling on the HB vs the fatter artist 3 purfling on the Pomegranate is what tones it down. Odd even though it has purfling on the body. Maybe the pau shell outline on the birds vs the entire bird being pau tones it down a little as well. Whatever it is, with the flame maple binding, the guitar is stunning in person, and makes you want to play it. I have been lucky enough to have had several beautiful guitars, and this still took my breath away when I opened the case. I cant stop playing it, and that is the most important thing. Even my girlfriend who hates guitars and has seen all of mine thinks its amazing, and beautifully appointed. Thats coming from an artist with a degree in design. I wish I could buy everyone one of these. If I hit the lottery, I will!
:)
Now dont hold your breath, because I do not even play the lottery! :p

Nice clip, Tag. What gauge strings are you running on this beauty?

The stock 10s. I bought a pair of 11s and am thinking it over. They are staring at me right now.
:eek:
Ernie Ball Power slinky 11 to 48.
Thoughts??

The stock 10s. I bought a pair of 11s and am thinking it over. They are staring at me right now.
:eek:
Ernie Ball Power slinky 11 to 48.
Thoughts??
The 10s sound just fine. I think if there was a piezo onboard, the 11s would be a no brainer with the shorter scale length, but it's all about what you like. The design on that axe is just superb, what an amazing build.

Clip fav - sec 2:47-3:12 ; especially the 2:51-53 touch....

That is without doubt the best sounding guitar you’ve posted, and it’s totally, utterly drool-worthy. Sounds amazing.

Great playing, too, but my goodness, the tone of that thing is off the hook!

Great share, nice chops!

The guitar meh! But you make it sing!!

;)Just teasing dude! She’s a cutie!!:)

I had to go back to your pomegranate clip for comparison

The HB594 clearly has more ‘air’ and a bit more ‘rounded’ tone than your pomegranate one to my not so great ears. Both sound amazing - clearly the tone secret is YOU!

I have been lucky enough to have had several beautiful guitars, and this still took my breath away when I opened the case. I cant stop playing it, and that is the most important thing. Even my girlfriend who hates guitars and has seen all of mine thinks its amazing, and beautifully appointed. Thats coming from an artist with a degree in design.

Blue guitars will do that to you.

I had to go back to your pomegranate clip for comparison

The HB594 clearly has more ‘air’ and a bit more ‘rounded’ tone than your pomegranate one to my not so great ears. Both sound amazing - clearly the tone secret is YOU!

It's funny I was playing both tonight and comparing, it's really difficult as both guitars sound amazing. The pomegranate is a little more solid sounding, and has a deep tone with the rosewood neck. Conversely, the hollow body has a big airy tone, but still tight on the bottom and a thing of great beauty. I'm extremely lucky to own both incredible guitars. When I get a chance I'll do a comparison side-by-side of both. It does not work above because one is done with a video camera, and the other with a digital recorder with a microphone right against the speaker. The digital camera gives much more compression and not as true of a sound.
I appreciate taking the time to post that, and your nice words.

Back