Hollow body 1 Artist Pack with Piezo wiring issue .

frederico

I have a Hollow Body 1 and I have never noticed before but there is a bare wire showing through the f hole closest to the pots .It seems to come out of the side of the center block and go towards the neck pickup.Its difficult to actually see where this wire ends.It looks like a string.All the other covered wires are clipped together .Is this noticeable on any other Hollow bodies with piezo.?

Last edited:
generally you will see some of the wiring thru the f-holes on semi-hollow and hollow body guitars (not just wires, but pots and switch too on the control side of the guitar). If it is not impending your playing, then your fine. If it was not noticed before then it means it was secured to inside and the item securing it is no longer doing its job. If this is the case see if you can look inside or feel for the item, if it can be redone to re-secure the wire then do so. I have had this happen on an Epiphone 339. just needed to redo the faster to get it up and hiding again.

I Emailed P R S and explained the problem and a guy named Sean said that its the ground wire to the bridge pickup and it needs to be re soldered. Very professional and a quick reply.

Last edited:
Back