HNAD to me!!!

I say get your new one fixed. The store should have a box and even if they don’t have the box it came in, they should be able to get you another suitable box to ship it in if you have too. Again, I know it’s a bummer when you buy something nice and it stops working right away. But these amps are built like tanks. Saying again, most “parts failures” either happen a few hours in, or else they don’t happen for decades. No matter how carefully you build and test, there is no way to screen parts that might fail pre-maturely unless you get super lucky and they fail during burn in at the factory.

A year from now, you’ll be telling us how much you love this amp and this story will be a distant memory. Get it fixed and so you can enjoy what you paid for.

I'm with DTR, if it was new, warranty will cover it. Yeah, the box thing is a hassle. Worst thing, you take it to the local UPS or FedEx store, and let them box it up. It's a bitchin' amp!

I say get your new one fixed. The store should have a box and even if they don’t have the box it came in, they should be able to get you another suitable box to ship it in if you have too. Again, I know it’s a bummer when you buy something nice and it stops working right away. But these amps are built like tanks. Saying again, most “parts failures” either happen a few hours in, or else they don’t happen for decades. No matter how carefully you build and test, there is no way to screen parts that might fail pre-maturely unless you get super lucky and they fail during burn in at the factory.

A year from now, you’ll be telling us how much you love this amp and this story will be a distant memory. Get it fixed and so you can enjoy what you paid for.

I'm with DTR, if it was new, warranty will cover it. Yeah, the box thing is a hassle. Worst thing, you take it to the local UPS or FedEx store, and let them box it up. It's a bitchin' amp!

Thanks guys, I think I will have it fixed if they can't replace it.

So I'm still working with the Support team to get this thing working but I was wondering about this 1/4" jack between the power tubes. Anyone know what its for?

*EDIT* I think I figured it out, I got in there with my camera phone and I believe its the bias adjustment....unfortunately I can't get the picture to post.

Last edited:
So I'm still working with the Support team to get this thing working but I was wondering about this 1/4" jack between the power tubes. Anyone know what its for?

*EDIT* I think I figured it out, I got in there with my camera phone and I believe its the bias adjustment....unfortunately I can't get the picture to post.

Yep, that looks like the bias adjustment.

Here's the picture I was trying to post yesterday. It's definitely the bias adjuster, so nice that you don't have to dig into the amp to get to it...away from the caps.

Update time, I gave up on the non working amp I got a week or so ago and went for a new one that showed up today. I played through it for an hour and and the thing is absolutely glorious. It sounds just as good as the first one did before it died, I had an irrational fear that the first one sounded so good because they always sound best just before they die. Ah, the mind of the defeatist. :D

One thing I did notice is the lead channel is very noisy, in the form of a prominent hiss, when I play through my pedal board. This is into the front of the amp, not the loop and it even occurs when there are no pedals actually on. My board hasn't been that noisy into any of my other amps. The list of pedals is as follows, TC mini tuner ->Electro Harmonix C9->Wampler Triple Wreck->Strymon Sunset->Boss BF-2 Flanger->Boss PS-6 Harmonist->Boss GE-7 EQ->Boss DD-7 Delay->TC Electronics The Profit delay. I know that's a lot of stuff to go through but as I said, it's never been noisy in any of my other amps. Any thoughts? Someone suggested an Empress Buffer+. I will try moving it to another room/outlet to see if that helps.

Despite the Hiss, it is a happy day.

Glad you got an amp you are happy with!

About your hiss:

Does the hiss occur on the lead channel only? (i.e. it seems to disappear on the clean channel.)

I assume that the hiss does not exist if you take away the pedals?

If so, that indicates the pedal board itself is generating the hiss, and it might just be that the lead channel has so much gain you hear it more than normal. Try adjusting the lead channel gain to see if it affects the level of apparent hiss.

Certainly try another room/outlet (make sure they are both on the same outlet!). Try taking out one pedal at a time to see if there is a specific culprit. I have found that certain pedals are just grumpy in certain situations.

About your hiss....Try taking out one pedal at a time to see if there is a specific culprit. I have found that certain pedals are just grumpy in certain situations.

Whelp, I had some time to play around with it and I found it's my DD-7. Took a video but it dosen't want to upload, oh well you all know what hiss sounds like. Guess I'll have to ditch the Boss delay.

Whelp, I had some time to play around with it and I found it's my DD-7. Took a video but it dosen't want to upload, oh well you all know what hiss sounds like. Guess I'll have to ditch the Boss delay.
I had issues with several Boss pedals buffers causing noise in front or in the loop. Glad you figured it out. Enjoy that amp!

Back