Hmmm..what to do with this old cigar box?....

We should have a forum, "Build a Cigar Box Guitar Challenge".

Strange coincidence, I have watched several CBG builds on you tube lately. I have a piece of wood at home I have been saving to do it, too. If I only had the time. I really have been itching to build something.

Cigar box guitars look fun and can sound incredible in the right hands. Any news on Paul's Home Depot guitar challenge idea? It has been a popular theme throughout Internet forum land and Youtube and it would be interesting to see how the big players would approach this, using nothing more than a Swiss Army Knife and a match box for finishing of course!

I don't believe Paul is actively pursuing his idea of doing a Home Depot build.

I'm with Sergio in spirit.

In real life, I'm just too frickin' old to think about weed.

Last edited:
I just think about it. It's like all the other stuff I can't do now like sleep, have sex, and buy guitars.

Eventually you'll be able to sleep again. I can't comment on the other two.

I also wish to apologize to everyone that the auto-correct on my iPad used "to" instead of "too" in my earlier post, when "too" was the correct usage.

That's an absolutely humiliating error, and I've since corrected it.

Picks migrate to every horizontal surface in my music room and control room - I have no cigar boxes.
If I hadn't given up the weed decades ago I never could have afforded my studio or PRSi.

Back