Higher gain pickups for the beloved 594.

Reviving this thread for a quick question - I've never owned a short scale, two piece bridge PRS - but I assume any replacement pickups would be 50mm, with short legs? (this is probably a dumb question, it's just that most of my guitars have trems and use 53mm).

While I love the character of the LT's, I'm thinking of getting Mules for a bit more oomph in the bridge and some more clarity in the neck. Also considering Abraxas - just not sure if that would be too much and take away from clean clarity of the bridge?

I do want the neck to be a touch less muddy and more flexible across the volume knob. This is for a Singlecut 594 BTW - and naturally has a lot of resonance and power.

I might also consider 59/09s. Sadly, I think if it was just the regular 58/15s, I'd be perfectly happy.

There is a set on Reverb right now, 58/15 neck and 85/15 bridge for a good price, hybrid with the silver and gold too. I have both sets and for a singlecut i think it would be absolutely perfect. If i ever find a single 85/15 bridge i will be putting that in my SC245.

I love a lot of Alnico 4 pickups. They just feel and sound right. The old PRS Artist pickups from the 90's were A4, and I snagged a mint set off ebay for my CU22AP and could not be happier.

Back