High e string issues.

what! the seller tells you how to play to avoid the problemo_O!
very imaginative, whatever the problem, the reseller must offer a descent service and go to the front to solve the problem to your advantage!
here it is either he repairs the guitar, transport paid ..

he reimburses you.
or he proposes an exchange.

At one point, he said he was checking to see if he has more in stock, and he put me on hold while he looked. Then he comes back and told me to take pictures and the tech guys will see if they have a solution for me.

on one of my vintage fender the E is very close to the edge and it's done like that. to make it even more enjoyable the handle has a radius of 7.5
so i adjust my playstyle accordingly, not everyone likes it.

like i told you i believe he will take care of you, it's frustrating to wait but in the end you won't be the loser. good luck for you!

on one of my vintage fender the E is very close to the edge and it's done like that. to make it even more enjoyable the handle has a radius of 7.5
so i adjust my playstyle accordingly, not everyone likes it.

like i told you i believe he will take care of you, it's frustrating to wait but in the end you won't be the loser. good luck for you!

Dude got back to me today. Basically, I can drive 3 hours each way to drop guitar off, or he said I should try changing strings to heavier gauge. I was thinking myself that may help as well, but it wont change the fact the string is closer to the edge than i like. It may stop it from slipping off as much though. Maybe lower action would also help.

There shouldn’t be a gap for a string to get stuck under! This is totally wrong. If there is a visible gap there then it’s basically faulty!

There shouldn’t be a gap for a string to get stuck under! This is totally wrong. If there is a visible gap there then it’s basically faulty!

AS of now, I am very unhappy with this guitar. Now that the new guitar novelty has worn off, I realize it really doesn't feel that great to play, even without the e string getting stuck issue. The action is terrible, everything just seems hard to play, and awkward, compared to my Gretsch. I have enough hours on it now, where i should be used it, but I just can't get used to it. It's not an enjoyable guitar play.

I don't think the SEs have any quality control at all.

EDIT: seller called and said i can get it fixed locally and they will reimburse me for anything that was actually wrong with it. So that's good. After it's all fixed I will give it a more fair opinion.

Last edited:
Dude got back to me today. Basically, I can drive 3 hours each way to drop guitar off, or he said I should try changing strings to heavier gauge. I was thinking myself that may help as well, but it wont change the fact the string is closer to the edge than i like. It may stop it from slipping off as much though. Maybe lower action would also help.
hi, changing to stronger strings will be better but not enough to make you love your guitar, i am no experience with the SE model, i have a McCarthy and a custom 24 and love them like day one, even more so i find your story really uncool i can't make a decision for you but personally i would flip it over and negotiate for another model or the money clearly you don't like it ... not enough to start the entire repair process. PRS or not you have the right to be 100% satisfied

Back