Hi all!

Hi everybody, longtime (50+ years) player and guitar lover here...I've mostly played F and G style guitars my whole life, I've tried some of the lower price PRS guitars but never have really bonded with them. I'm here to learn more about them.
Oh, and I'm a longtime fan of Dr.Z amps. I've sold most of my Fender amps since getting into Z amps years ago...:)

I actually owned an Indonesian made SE Standard about 10 years ago. It was a nice guitar, but there was something about the neck shape that wasn't comfortable to me. Good sounding guitar, though.

ah... neck shape.

They are the weirdest things. I thought could use just about any neck shape and size, until I tried a Silver Sky. It just felt awkward to handle.
I think the SEs are generally Pattern Thin necks, but 10 years back? Not sure what that might have been. Heres some PRS neck shape info though..

https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/support/article/neck_profiles

Welcome! It might be easier to have your ears bond with the sound of a particular guitar, and let your hands follow. Other than that, try an S2. I’ve never played one I didn’t like.

Welcome aboard! Lots of great people and ideas here. If you get a chance, try looking for some used "core" model PRS guitars (USA made) around you. They are all a little different, so play as many models as you can. The CE (bolt-on neck) are a great place to start. Trust me...PRS are one of the most consistent builds around!

oh, and HUGE Dr Z fan here, too. But we can discuss that on their forum.

Back