HFS pickups from 92 EG without stickers?

dwrockdoctor

Hi all,

I've just replaced the HFS neck and bridge pickups from a 92 EG that I acquired a few months back and chucked in a Fralin Twangmaster and an Ibanez Super 58 which I'm super happy with. I would like to offload the HFS pickups and recoup costs a little, not my kinda sound anymore. Problem is there are no stickers on the back for ID, there's a little sticker residue on one of the pickups, none on the other and I'm worried they'll be hard to sell without any PRS markings or brandings, are there any particular identifiers unique to PRS pickups in the early 90's that'll prove their pedigree to potential buyers?

Also open to any trades or buys on the forum if there happens to be any interested parties on here.

Cheers guys!

Are you sure the stickers aren't somewhere in the pickup cavity?
From memory, they should have a light grey wire and a PRS stamp on the bottom of the pickups.
A multimeter reading of their output should also determine what they are.

No stickers in the cavities unfortunately. No stamping on the backs either but from online search it seems like that didn't come in until the mid 90's. They have the same grey wire coming out of the pickup as most PRS pickups do as well as the three red, white, black pickup tap wires at the end. Multimeter reading shows HFS values too so I'm pretty certain they are legit, just worried they'll be hard to sell without the usual stickers or stamp identifiers...

I bought a set off Ebay that where supposed to be dragon 1s but they weren't.

I could see where maybe a sticker had been on both but zero markings.

I sent them to prs and they could only verify they were in the HFS/VB territory .

Back