Hey Chicagoans! Restaurant suggestions?

Yeah. Tell that to Marvin Gaye, the Supremes, the Temptations, Eminem, the Four Tops, Alice Cooper, the MC5, Iggy Pop and the Stooges, Ron Carter, Marcus Belgrave, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Don Was, Bob Seger, Anita Baker, The White Stripes, Donald Byrd, Earl Klugh, The Knack, Juan Atkins, Sufjan Stevens, Johnny B, Greg Bissonette, Jackie Wilson, and a crapload of other musicians and performers the world copied.

Plus we're badass, so put on your skirt, get out your bagpipes, and STFU.

Tell 'em Les ! ;)

Tell 'em Les ! ;)
Alnus is a great guy and a Dude.

But he knows nothing of Detroit. ;)
I mean, y’all were some of the first dudes who came in hot talkin’ smack about Chicago cuisine, and therefore culture.

If you live in a glass house, don’t throw stones. And if you can’t take blows don’t throw blows.

If you live in a glass house, don’t throw stones. And if you can’t take blows don’t throw blows.
What are you talkin about ???

What's being offered here is largely in jest, and from opinions that really wont ruin your day or matter much and again offered in jest ...

And what "glass house" are your referring to ?

Best pizza I have had lately ?

Was in St Louis MO ... a joint called Racanelli's and they claim to be New York style . Stone oven, Neapolitan, thin crust . Smokes anything I've had since I left there ...

FWIW : :cool:

Chicago Steak = Good !
Pizza ? not so (and expensive)
HotDogs ? a mistake ...

Italian Beef ???! About to go and devour the one I just bought for dinner !!! :):):) (Portillos .. Luke's is good too, but nowhere me )

BTW , I KNOW Alnus is a CoolGuy ... :cool: He's the one that turned me on to John Mann's super cool, sexy, sonically pure solid machined
brass bridge posts ! (he has 'em on a 245 . I put them on a SE HB II)

Last edited:
What are you talkin about ???

What's being offered here is largely in jest, and from opinions that really wont ruin your day or matter much and again offered in jest ...

And what "glass house" are your referring to ?

Best pizza I have had lately ?

Was in St Louis MO ... a joint called Racanelli's and they claim to be New York style . Stone oven, Neapolitan, thin crust . Smokes anything I've had since I left there ...

FWIW : :cool:

Chicago Steak = Good !
Pizza ? not so (and expensive)
HotDogs ? a mistake ...

Italian Beef ???! About to go and devour the one I just bought for dinner !!! :):):) (Portillos .. Luke's is good too, but nowhere me )
Of course I’m joking too.

I honestly don’t have any sort of pride in regional food stuff. I’m so detached from other people’s eating habits since imma smug tree hugging vegetarian that I’ve been playfully goading people over pizza opinions since my second post.

I’m just tryin’ to rile Les up since he told @Alnus Rubra to put on a skirt.

I seriously don’t GAF what people shove down their throats. I just don’t have that much to debate about with guitar gear anymore.

Alnus is a great guy and a Dude.

But he knows nothing of Detroit. ;)

Thanks and only for car manufacturer.

Actually I own neither bagpipes or a skirt (that I’m admitting to!) ;)

Thanks brother.

I mean, y’all were some of the first dudes who came in hot talkin’ smack about Chicago cuisine, and therefore culture.

Go ahead, put my pizza down, I don't care. It's an object, a mere academic discussion, though I'm usually gonna dig in just for the sheer hell of it.

You want to get personal in your kidding around (woohoo native Detroiter), I might wanna give it right back. Just sayin'.

Gene & Georgetti's. Menu here:

Prices are not quite as bad as I'd guessed. YMMV.

Many fond memories of this joint. Wife's family ate there so often they'd make us wait in the kitchen for 10 minutes while they cleared a corner table for us on a Saturday night, thus skipping the 2-hour wait. It's that kind of place.

=K
@Kiwi
I forgot to tell you after making the reservation. Sorry. We are going Saturday night. Our "date night" of the trip and we are really looking forward to it. Thanks.

@Kiwi
I forgot to tell you after making the reservation. Sorry. We are going Saturday night. Our "date night" of the trip and we are really looking forward to it. Thanks.
I hope it's a great date night for you both. Enjoy!

-K

Everybody, thanking you once more for the suggestions. We had such a great time in Chicago. We had a great time even without making it to Chicago Music Exchange! There. I admitted it.

got catch-up homework type stuff to do first. running right now to get the dog, Clapton, from the kennel. But I will be back with reports and really boring photos. Little doubt you are all on on the edge of your collective seats with anticipation.

We had a great time even without making it to Chicago Music Exchange! There. I admitted it.
Well , you did miss something. Chicago Music Exchange is a rather fancy store . The nicest I have been in so far. I guess Sweetwater's

spread in Fort Wayne is out there too... But CME is so fancy ... It does not impress me as a joint where you might get a good deal.

( I mean more than a coupla bucks off) ...;)

Hey, My Gurl Mary Spender even gets to CME when she comes to town ...;)

Back