Herman Li PRS model?

Never seen before but it looks very good. The body is very thin, pickup configuration is similar to the private stock modern eagle v, with floyd rose trem. I think that's his new signature guitar with PRS.

I like how they did the input jack. The only thing I did not really like about the S series Ibanez was the jack on top of the body (I don't like the Strat's placement as well...).

Thanks for posting that video.

I think the guitar is really cool, especially because PRS stepped out of their comfort zone with this design. I agree that the input jack was well executed. Of course, the color is perfect. I love it.

Thanks for posting that! It looks like they are designing a new Sig model... and it is surreal to see a PRS with an Ibanez Trem! (looks like an Edge Zero in the facebook video)

It’s a smart artist relations move. Build something the artist is familiar with, even use parts they might have from their old models. Make it comfortable and familiar to them and then make tweaks accordingly. Even Herman was talking about how he couldn’t believe the thickness of the maple top since his is just veneer.

Thanks for posting that! It looks like they are designing a new Sig model... and it is surreal to see a PRS with an Ibanez Trem! (looks like an Edge Zero in the facebook video)

It is an Edge Zero, but that is just for now as he is familiar with that bridge - any production/future ones won't have that. The design is very similar to his Ibanez Sig - not surprisingly. It doesn't have the multiple scoops on the top horn but very similar. Not sure about the back cavity dome but its got to be difficult to recess a back plate and fit the electronics in something that thin - at least not without redesigning the switches/pots etc...

I've never been a fan of Ibanez, I don't play shred (can't), I don't like locking nuts.

I WANT THAT GUITAR!!!

Locking nut AND locking tuners?

I've never been a fan of Ibanez, I don't play shred (can't), I don't like locking nuts.

I WANT THAT GUITAR!!!

Locking nut AND locking tuners?
I’ve had plenty of Ibanez guitars, slim with ultra thin necks over the years. None lasted. But, I’m with you....I’d own one of theses!

Dang.

How did they know I've been looking at Ibanez S models on the sly...?

So, he makes a remark about the maple too being an actual maple top, did his Ibanez not have a maple top?

Back