Her First Trip To The Luthier

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
And it looks like I can hold off for a little while on the setup until the weather breaks. He said it looks like it has been done within the last six months or so and then not played since. :D He also said for the condition it is in, that I stole it :D:D

50307070_10161283889550331_203606433655160832_n.jpg

There have been people who say that unless it is for a repair, a luthier is a waste of money. That people should learn to maintain their instruments themselves. And, to a point, I agree. But, a great race car driver isn't typically a great mechanic. They know enough about their car to tell their team what it feels like and what might be going on, but they don't typically fix it or tune it up themselves. Their job is to drive it. Not to fix it. I am the same way with my tattoo machines. I "could" build one from scratch. But I don't. I go to really good machine builders to get my working tools. To me, building a great machine is a very different art than using one to create a great tattoo. So, when I need a fret job, or something is rattling or buzzing, or I just need a really good setup, off to the professional I go.

But that is just me. :D

I can and do most everything myself but when I want my guitar taken to the next level, I have my guy ( Luther ) his work is better than first rate and so cheap I feel like I have to tip him :)

Back