Help with wiring Lollar Imperials into a Custom 24

James Stoffel

Just purchased some Lollar Imperials and I am comfortable enough with the soldering, but I have no idea what wires are supposed to be soldered to what lugs. For now, I plan on keeping the wiring schematic the same as it is not with the 85/15 humbuckers (unless someone recommends changing it).

I was just hoping someone would be able to tell me "solder the green wire here, the red wire here, etc.." because while I have a vague understanding of how humbucker wiring works, I have ZERO understanding of how the 5-way switch works

Thanks!

Just purchased some Lollar Imperials and I am comfortable enough with the soldering, but I have no idea what wires are supposed to be soldered to what lugs. For now, I plan on keeping the wiring schematic the same as it is not with the 85/15 humbuckers (unless someone recommends changing it).

I was just hoping someone would be able to tell me "solder the green wire here, the red wire here, etc.." because while I have a vague understanding of how humbucker wiring works, I have ZERO understanding of how the 5-way switch works

Thanks!

If your set of 85/15 is multitap (as it is on my guitar) following connections won't cut it. PRS does the coil split its own way. Better start from scratch

If your set of 85/15 is multitap (as it is on my guitar) following connections won't cut it. PRS does the coil split its own way. Better start from scratch
How would I know if it's multitap? It's just a regular 2018 core Custom 24. I don't have the 24-08, which seems to be what pops up when I google "multitap"

How would I know if it's multitap? It's just a regular 2018 core Custom 24. I don't have the 24-08, which seems to be what pops up when I google "multitap"

Take a picture of the cavity or tell me how many leads goes of each pickup and what are the colours

Take a picture of the cavity or tell me how many leads goes of each pickup and what are the colours

https://imgur.com/gallery/rxX27pH
rxX27pH

Further to that - the bare wire is also ground. These are NOT multitap, multitap have additional green wire

If it's not clear I may have a bit of time to draw a little layout for you but not sooner than sunday

Ok, it SHOULD be:

TREBLE PICKUP
Black = hot
White = ground
Red = coil split

BASS PICKUP
White = hot
Black = ground
Red = coil split

Wire Lollars as hot to hot, ground to ground and two marked as coil split connect together to where red PRS cable goes. You SHOULD be good
Sounds promising to me! I appreciate the help

Back