Help with what appears to be a mis-match in serial numbers

smokinJoe

I hope some up here can help me. As much as it pains me I have to sell my beloved CE24. My wife is very ill and I am selling all I have so the PRS has to go. Here's the problem. It has a plain black neck plate. I checked google images and some quite a few with the neck plate just like mine. The serial number on it starts out 07 indicating to me it's a 1990 model. It has the short heel by the way. Some asked to see the pickups in it so I removed the neck pickup and much to my surprise it has the date 10 - 6-93 in it. I had several people retract there bids because the " guitar is not all original" they say it was put together from two different guitars. I really , really need to get as much as I can for the guitar but certainly don't want to rip anyone off.

Is it common for the body to be dated in on year and the neck in another?

Here is a pic of the neck pocket

set-72157632695721093

and here is a link to the whole set of pictures of the guitar

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe4sure/sets/72157632695721093/

your help is desperately needed and greatly appreciated

Thank you, Joe

Thanks for the quick response

The ce's have a little different serial number structure. I'd like to see the whole serial number. Your ce is drop dead gorgeous btw

http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/year.html

Let's please don't mention how beautiful she is SNIFF SNIFF or how the gentle curves remind you of BOO HOO Man it's KILLING me to get rid of this guitar. But I guess a man's gotta do what a gotta do
you can see the black neck plate in one of the photos. The serial number is ( I hope this is okay ) 072059

And again I really do appreciate the help, Thanks so much

I've sold some gear over the years to handle an emergency. Down the road you can always replace stuff.

Sorry to hear about your wife's illness; best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Thanks! I know you're right. and I'm glad to do it. just got some people backing off because of the numbers and I need to get what it's worth, right now every penny counts

[Any one have any ideas on who I could contact at PRS to help me figurs out what's going on with the numbers?

Ha! I've been drooling over your guitar on ebay for the past four days, I'm sorry to hear about your wife but it does answer my question as to "why would anybody sell that?". I wish you both all the strength in the world to get through this.

You know it could be that the neck plate was changed, or that the neck had been swapped, but as far as having all of the desirable attributes for a CE maple top? This guitar has 'em! I don't recommend you do it but, parting that beautiful guitar out might be a consideration for maximum return. Whoever wins the auction is in for a killer guitar, I only wish I was in a position to help take it off your hands.

[Any one have any ideas on who I could contact at PRS to help me figurs out what's going on with the numbers?

Just shoot customer service an email with pics and serial number. They'll be able to properly make an assessment . Sorry you have to sell her but I get something's are way more important . Hope your wife gets better :)

Sorry to hear about your problems. Hope things work out well for you and your wife.

Your guitar looks like a all grown up version of the se custom 24 I just got. Wish I had the skills to justify getting a guitar like that.

To you and your wufe god bless.

Ha! I've been drooling over your guitar on ebay for the past four days, I'm sorry to hear about your wife but it does answer my question as to "why would anybody sell that?". I wish you both all the strength in the world to get through this.

You know it could be that the neck plate was changed, or that the neck had been swapped, but as far as having all of the desirable attributes for a CE maple top? This guitar has 'em! I don't recommend you do it but, parting that beautiful guitar out might be a consideration for maximum return. Whoever wins the auction is in for a killer guitar, I only wish I was in a position to help take it off your hands.

Thanks Alot for the well wishes, Apparently the mismatch wasn't enough to scare off everyone. I hated to get rid of it but it helped me and someone got a great guitar

Thanks Alot for the well wishes, Apparently the mismatch wasn't enough to scare off everyone. I hated to get rid of it but it helped me and someone got a great guitar

I was getting nervous around the four hours left point on your auction, nervous that I might have to bid! Looks like you got a decent price, and I hope enough things change for the better for you to get another. Best wishes.

Back