Help with SE Angelus electronics

John Nichols

Just replaced the battery in my SE Angelus and now when I turn the tuner on, the red battery light blinks briefly and the LED window up/down adjust lights alternate but no letter scale is displayed. Plugged the guitar into my amp and the pickup is not working either. Verified that the battery is installed properly. When I turn the tuner on I can hear a slight pop thru the amp so it appears to be getting power. Wish there was a manual somewhere for this lol.

Try a different new battery or use a multi meter to test if the battery is indeed good.

That's funny because my 2 week old Angelus (actually built 7 months ago) also started blinking just last night. Tuner seemed to be working fine, but I havent plugged it back in yet. Half the time I've played the guitar (I've put ALOT of time in 2 weeks) it's been plugged in so I figured maybe I already killed the battery. I was going to replace mine today and I'll let you know if I have the same problem.

No, talked to tech support and they recommended I check the connections, so will probably take the battery compartment out to check.

Back