Help with Installing 59/09 in 2018 prs se custom 22

C.j.

I’ve ordered some 59/09s for my se custom 22
And am Looking for some guidance installing them. My wiring configuration is one volume, one tone and a 3 way switch I’m not looking to add coil taps. Wondering which wires I should tape off on the pickups. Also wondering if the 59/09s will fit in the stock se pickup rings
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
3 or 4 wire? Typically, you tape off the white wire if you aren’t splitting the coils.

3 or 4 wire? Typically, you tape off the white wire if you aren’t splitting the coils.
Thanks for the reply I’m not sure if they are 3 or 4 wire they haven’t came yet lol just trying to get things figured out in advance

The embarrassing thing is that I have a 59/09 in my CU24 and can’t remember. :oops: Laziness has prevented me from opening the control cavity, so far. o_O If I break out a screw driver today, I’ll let you know.

The embarrassing thing is that I have a 59/09 in my CU24 and can’t remember. :oops: Laziness has prevented me from opening the control cavity, so far. o_O If I break out a screw driver today, I’ll let you know.
Hahaha thanks a bunch!

Lately, PRS have been using red for the coil split on their three-wire pups. Black and white for ground and hot, and then a bare shield wire. I assume that's what they'll do with aftermarket 59/09.

Otherwise, they do a two-wire setup with braided ground/shield, black for hot, and white for split.

Just tape off the split wire if you don't want single coil mode.

Lately, PRS have been using red for the coil split on their three-wire pups. Black and white for ground and hot, and then a bare shield wire. I assume that's what they'll do with aftermarket 59/09.

Otherwise, they do a two-wire setup with braided ground/shield, black for hot, and white for split.

Just tape off the split wire if you don't want single coil mode.
Awesome thanks so much!

Back