Help Please

Thanks for the instructions on how to use Flckr. I'm still trying to get that to work with no luck.

Am I still below the threshold for number of posts?

Looks like it works now! Thanks!

And as a fellow woodworker, those rocking horses are spectacular! I can't believe you do it all by hand. I love using my hand planes and chisels but that's a ton of work! Nice job!

thank you well l only make one a year now do to my health problems, but l do get a lot of enjoyment from them, each one has a time capsule hidden inside that known knows about
regards
allan

What kind of wood do you build those out of?

Each one must consume a lot of material due to all the pieces you have to laminate up before you start carving. That's super impressive.

What kind of wood do you build those out of?

Each one must consume a lot of material due to all the pieces you have to laminate up before you start carving. That's super impressive.

here is a little video clip and it dose not take as much as you might think, the thing to remember is you have to carve the head before you start adding sections. I only real horse hair and hand made tack and saddle
IMG_0292 by Allan Sharman, on Flickr

IMG_0237 by Allan Sharman, on Flickr

Hi this one is mahogany and to be honest at times it was like working with steal lol very hard I will add a cutting list later tonight

Wow...mahogany...I can't imagine doing all that carving by hand in such a hard wood. That's very impressive. Definitely heirloom pieces of furniture.

Back