HELP! NEED ADVICE!

JD Price

I have been obsessing about what which model of PRS I should purchase. I'm looking for a core and willing to spend the extra for the Eagle V.

Let me start by saying I originally bought the Special 22 at the end of September. I bought from a local Guitar Center so they have the return policy. I took back for the Custom 24 because ascetically I liked the look more and I thought I wanted a 24 Fret.

I guess where my dilemma is, is that I think I want more versatility. I really like how some of the other models have the coil split or coil tap. What stinks is I don't really have a dealer in the area where I can go and try them all side by side.

Please ask me any questions.

Don't worry about which one you get as there will be more !!!!
IF it was me for the same $$ as the MEV I would keep your CU24 or get a 24/08 or 509 and add a Silver Sky or a Used DGT
Happy Hunting

The ME V is very cool. I'm really enjoying mine, but truth be told....I still like the Brent Mason better. Even a Paul's Guitar - which what the ME V reminds me of...albeit with more options. For my uses, the ME V offers a lot I don't use. The big advantage over the Mason is the pull switch to use both humbuckers. But that's easy to add.

In the end, it comes to this: you want 22 or 24 frets? You want to be able to switch easily because of live play, or do you play at home and quick switching doesn't matter? Do you need 3 pickups?

Back