Help meeee

Funkbear311

9-5 worker, who just wants to play guitar at work
sooo back in June I got my Custom 24, and it's always in the case and I take good care of it and etc. but mysteriously there is a tiny chip out it on the front bottom lip and I have never banged it or dropped anything on it. I really shouldn't let it bother me but I think it's the mystery that kills me. Is this something PRS would touch up? I'm not far from the factory so I wouldn't mind setting up a ticket for it. Or should I just shut up and say it adds character. The other thing is it's nitro (satin) finish. What do you think?

The factory will repair it, usually at additional cost, but you will have to contact customer service to see about your particular situation. I sent one in for a repair recently (also a nitro finish), not because I care so much about a small chip, but because it was getting a bit bigger because the initial ding cracked some of the surrounding areas..

The factory will repair it, usually at additional cost, but you will have to contact customer service to see about your particular situation. I sent one in for a repair recently (also a nitro finish), not because I care so much about a small chip, but because it was getting a bit bigger because the initial ding cracked some of the surrounding areas..
So you think I should just call them next week and maybe take it in? I don't want to drop a ton of cash since the song is tiny

So you think I should just call them next week and maybe take it in? I don't want to drop a ton of cash since the song is tiny

My advice is if the ding doesn't bother you that much, maybe wait a little while to see how the surrounding finish is holding up. The repair service is not cheap, but top notch in quality...Anytime I have used it, The guitar looks as brand new when complete.

My advice is if the ding doesn't bother you that much, maybe wait a little while to see how the surrounding finish is holding up. The repair service is not cheap, but top notch in quality...Anytime I have used it, The guitar looks as brand new when complete.
If you don't mind me asking what did it cost

Sounds like you might be happy with a dab of clear nail polish...or if you need color, you can almost always find a good match...there are more nail polish colors out there than guitar finishes...

I was in a similar situation with my custom 22. Mine was more like an indentation with some cloudiness under the finish. If it is Nitro finish, a local guy can touch it up. If it is V12, not so lucky because it is a multi-step finish. Figure $1,800 to strip, fix and refinish. Not cheap.

PTC can be VERY reasonable I would contact them even better that you are close :)

Back