Help Me! Trying to fill holes

Texas_minor_blues

Rosewood or Bust
So I have been gassing for another PRS but I would like some input from the PRS masses as to what to fill those holes with.

ATM I have a rosewood McCarty and a DGT. Play blues, rock, metal, and even some country every now and then.
non PRS-wise I have 2 Music Man JPs (6 and 7 rosewoods)

so suggestions please?

I'd look at the 408s & an HB for starters, then every other PRS you can find and decide from there.

I agree with the HB and the Vela suggestions.

I love my HB so much I traded everything except that towards a PS.

And the clips I've heard of the Vela have me interested in one, despite the fact that I've never really been a fan of that body shape.

Look into a HB with piezo. Singlecut or regular DC. Even if you aren't looking for an acoustic-like sound, the piezo sound can really fatten up your tone from the mag pups. And the hollowbody works very well even at moderately medium-high gain without feeding back (unless you want it to!).

Lollers, I was just thinking I need a McCarty and a DGT to fill my​ holes.

So yeah, I don't know, what sort of sound do you want to make?

Although a P245 semi-hollow doesn't sound like a bad idea.

So many ideas ALL my PRSi do a fine job across most types of music

So I would go

CU24 ( different from what you have SUPER Versatile )

408 - Just love mine

SCT - everyone needs a single cut and I think to would fit nicely into your lineup

So I have been gassing for another PRS but I would like some input from the PRS masses as to what to fill those holes with.

ATM I have a rosewood McCarty and a DGT. Play blues, rock, metal, and even some country every now and then.
non PRS-wise I have 2 Music Man JPs (6 and 7 rosewoods)

so suggestions please?

Noting your predilection for Rosie necks, I would seriously recommend a maple neck to round out the punch, maybe attached to a 408, Cu24 or Paul's.

I would lean away from "versatile" guitars such as the 513 or 408 and go for something that is more specific, reason being that your DGT and McCarty already cover the thicker ending sound of the spectrum, so why not go for something more Strat/Tele like?

I suggest a 305, DC3 or a NF3.

QE03Rel.jpg

Back