Help me pick my Birthday Guitar

Not sure which Tremonti model you owned. Did it have a tremolo? If so, it had the wide/thin neck profile with 22 frets. If it was a hardtail, it had the wide/fat neck and 22 frets. The SE 24’s have the wide/thin neck profile and 24 frets. Paul’s guitar I believe has the wide/fat neck profile and I believe 22 frets. Something to consider if neck profile and number of frets play into consideration. Each feel different. All mentioned above have a 25” scale.

I am not a fan of the wide/fat profile, but others love it. Also prefer 22 frets and others prefer 24 frets or move back and forth between the two without issue and neck profiles as well. Might not make a bill of beans difference to you, but thought I would mention it.
I’ve only ever played 22 fret guitars(other than a strat with 21)neck profile a definite consideration,I found d the tremonti standard perfect for my hands

…neck profile a definite consideration,I found d the tremonti standard perfect for my hands

If you liked wide/fat, you might find that you struggle with wide/thin. I have a CE with WT, and it causes me discomfort to play. I’ve decided to sell it. If there’s anyway to play an SE with WT before you wife chooses, you might be glad you did. Of course, with a good return policy, you might be covered.

Yes I've had one W/T and ended up disliking it (I bought it for my 50th birthday) I've had about a dozen PRS since then all W/F.

I'll second trying the different carves first. Happy Birthday too!

If you liked wide/fat, you might find that you struggle with wide/thin. I have a CE with WT, and it causes me discomfort to play. I’ve decided to sell it. If there’s anyway to play an SE with WT before you wife chooses, you might be glad you did. Of course, with a good return policy, you might be covered.
Hi ,thanks for your input yeah definitely got to be wide fat as I like to have chunky neck with thumb over the top,and I definitely don’t want to make the wrong choice as it will be one and only electric for a while.

Yes I've had one W/T and ended up disliking it (I bought it for my 50th birthday) I've had about a dozen PRS since then all W/F.

I'll second trying the different carves first. Happy Birthday too!

Thanks again,I’ll try and get to the store to play but may not have the opportunity before the wife gets it ordered for me,also no prs dealers near to me which is a problem for trying before she buys it

Thanks everyone for the input
Final decision is……Prs se Paul’s guitar hopefully in aqua.can’t wait to get it and post the pic on here
I bet you’ll be very happy. I have a PG that I picked up used for a great price several years back. I love it. But I love my SE HB II so much, that I might’ve just gone right for the SE PG if they had been available back then. The SE quality is just top notch.
Looking forward to seeing pics and reading your reactions after you receive it.

I bet you’ll be very happy. I have a PG that I picked up used for a great price several years back. I love it. But I love my SE HB II so much, that I might’ve just gone right for the SE PG if they had been available back then. The SE quality is just top notch.
Looking forward to seeing pics and reading your reactions after you receive it.

Thanks I’ll be posting the pics as soon as I can ,with a great big smile on my face

Not sure which Tremonti model you owned. Did it have a tremolo? If so, it had the wide/thin neck profile with 22 frets. If it was a hardtail, it had the wide/fat neck and 22 frets. The SE 24’s have the wide/thin neck profile and 24 frets. Paul’s guitar I believe has the wide/fat neck profile and I believe 22 frets. Something to consider if neck profile and number of frets play into consideration. Each feel different. All mentioned above have a 25” scale.

I am not a fan of the wide/fat profile, but others love it. Also prefer 22 frets and others prefer 24 frets or move back and forth between the two without issue and neck profiles as well. Might not make a bill of beans difference to you, but thought I would mention it.
Pretty certain all tremonti have WT necks.

Pretty certain all tremonti have WT necks.
Thanks Interesting as I had the early model se tremonti standard ,I loved the neck profile it suited me perfectly,so if it was and is the W/T profile I’ll have to maybe reconsider the se Paul’s guitar as I’ve been made aware this has the W/F neck profile

Thanks Interesting as I had the early model se tremonti standard ,I loved the neck profile it suited me perfectly,so if it was and is the W/T profile I’ll have to maybe reconsider the se Paul’s guitar as I’ve been made aware this has the W/F neck profile
Some people have no issues switching between the necks. PRS profiles aren’t huge differences. But some are more sensitive than others. If it’s that big of an issue, go play some before buying.

I could be wrong, but I just don’t see them slapping a fat neck on a sig guitar when his preference has been the thin.

Some people have no issues switching between the necks. PRS profiles aren’t huge differences. But some are more sensitive than others. If it’s that big of an issue, go play some before buying.

I could be wrong, but I just don’t see them slapping a fat neck on a sig guitar when his preference has been the thin.

Hi thanks, I have no prs dealers that I can get too to try them out unfortunately,but I play with thumb over the top,I’ve had prs se tremonti standard,fender cp 60,s strat,and fender USA telecasters
Tremonti was the best feeling neck I have played.any ideas I do t want another Tremonti or a singlecut

20220109_0909159bd755ab6b413413.jpg

Then you might not be a fan of the wide/thin necks. Models like the SE Custom 24 have the wide/thin. Paul’s guitar might be right up your alley. Also the SE245 has the wide/fat. It is a shorter scale guitar like an LP.

Back