Help me identifying this blue PRS

Rachmaninoff

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the PRS world and I'm looking for a PRS to buy (they're so expensive!), and I found one for a good price. I'd like to know, however, what model it is, and the specs.

According to the seller, it's a Custom 22, 2007 model with mahogany body & neck, "wide thin neck carve", "Dragon II pickups" and "Royal Blue finish". Is that correct? Here are the pictures:

j9jaNhs.jpg

HiHjWyD.jpg

5oiPY0V.jpg

Thanks in advance. :biggrin:

Thanks for the quick responses, guys. Good to know it's a legit one. I never had a PRS before, so I need to be educated... please let me ask a few more questions:

1) What's the fretwire of this guitar? (jumbo/medium/etc.)

2) How this "wide thin" neck profile compare to a Gibson Les Paul 60's one? (highly subjective, I know...)

3) What are the pickup combinations of that strange knob switch?

4) Could I swap that knob switch for some kind of toggle swich, like a Les Paul 3-way one?

5) Are those locking tuners? I'm used to lockings behind the headstock, but it seems that the lockings are frontal (those black pieces with a screwdriver slot).

6) Is it USA made?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick responses, guys. Good to know it's a legit one. I never had a PRS before, so I need to be educated... please let me ask a few more questions:

1) What's the fretwire of this guitar? (jumbo/medium/etc.)
Um, not jumbo. Probably a medium. Honestly I don't know, just not jumbo.
2) How this "wide thin" neck profile compare to a Gibson Les Paul 60's one? (highly subjective, I know...)
That is indeed very subjective "feel-wise", but technical measurement-wise things can be looked up.

Looking at various websites, I would say the Gibby 60s thin taper is probably pretty close to a wide-thin in terms of neck thickness, although I can't find any actual diensions, and the width seems to be exactly the same: 1 11/16". PRSi have a 10" radius, whereas Gibbys have 12", IIRC/AFAICT.

3) What are the pickup combinations of that strange knob switch?
The PRS support website describes it quite well:

Position 10: Treble pickup
Position 9: Outside coils- deep and clear - parallel
Position 8: Series single coils – Warm version of the "in between the treble and middle pickups"
Position 7: Parallel single coils – Crisp version of the "in between the treble and middle pickups"
Position 6: Bass pickup

4) Could I swap that knob switch for some kind of toggle swich, like a Les Paul 3-way one?
Yes. But you may find the five-position knob to offer some very interesting pickup combos. I know I like using the intermediate positions on my CU24.
5) Are those locking tuners? I'm used to lockings behind the headstock, but it seems that the lockings are frontal (those black pieces with a screwdriver slot).
Yes. You can use a quarter to loosen them instead of a screwdriver - safer that way, actually.
6) Is it USA made?
Yes.
Thanks again.
Hope that helps!

Love my CU 22 that one is a looker
Congrats
PS That one looks to be strung incorrectly on the PRS locking tuners you do now wrap the strings

Back