Help Me Hatch A Machiavellian Plan.

I did like my Artcore when I had it if thats his price point have him check out the
SE Zack Myers
or the S2 Starla if he loves the Bigbsy

Or at least have John Mann mod his tuners

He may only need a nut job. Let him play yours in the interim. He'll appreciate the PRS so much, that when his guitar comes back, he'll want a PRS. Whether the Artcore stays in tune, or not.

Leer at him during a show, for an uncomfortably long time. Right up front. Every time he tunes, turse your lips and shake your head in disbelief. Point your finger at him, Invasion of the Body Snatchers-style. Public shaming is a powerful motivator.

Does he know how to properly string a guitar?

It's a setup issue. The artcores are nice guitars in that price range. But, usually the nut slots aren't cut well as with any budget instrument. A proper once over at a tech and then properly stretching new strings will probably solve any tuning issues.

I suggest a progressively more passive/aggressive approach.

1) Send him this link from an anonymous e-mail address: https://reverb.com/item/10654926-gi...tuners-with-keystone-buttons-charger-included

2) Play with the pitch wheel on your Akai MiniAK repeatedly between songs, or anytime he is talking during rehearsal, when he asks what you are doing apologize adding “I know constantly retuning can be very annoying”.

3) Tell him a story about some guy you knew who was a real A-hole that had the same guitar.

4) Tell him how impressed you are that he can actually make “that guitar” sound “halfway decent”.

5) “I just heard that Ibáñez bought ‘Daisy Rock’ to upgrade their styling”

6) Offer to paint it blue for him. Lend him your least favorite SE while “working on it”. Never finish the job.

Stage an intervention about the tuning issues. Play that up BIG because you can bet its driving him cray cray.

In parallel, find a deal on a prs that you think he'd like. In his favorite color.

When the tuning issues finally get to him, tell him about the 'other prs' you saw. You know... The one on sale.

OR

While he is playing your guitar, have some random dude come up and rave about the prs he is playing. Have him talk about how he heard those PRS guitars always stay in tune throughout a gig, etc, etc

Last edited:
Stage an intervention about the tuning issues. Play that up BIG because you can bet its driving him cray cray.

In parallel, find a deal on a prs that you think he'd like. In his favorite color.

When the tuning issues finally get to him, tell him about the 'other prs' you saw. You know... The one on sale.

OR

While he is playing your guitar, have some random dude come up and rave about the prs he is playing. Have him talk about how it always stays in tune throughout a gig, etc, etc

Better yet, have a woman come up to him and talk about that awesome prs he is holding. Have her talk some shyt about his old guitar.

Thats worked on all the guys I've done that to.

Just sayin.

Back