Votes: 7 16.7%
  • New 2019 at $3,600

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • New 2019 Ten Top at $4,250

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Used 2018 Ten Top at $3,800

Votes: 17 40.5%

• Total voters
There wasn't really a bad choice between the 4!

Yea, I think they all have positives to them. I dont think I've seen a McCarty 594 that's really ever been a dud in the looks department though.

Ended up getting #2, the 2019 new Brownish/Charcoal Burst Non 10 Top. Sam Ash Las Vegas was also willing to reduce from $3,600 to 3,000 and got a pic of the tag, which has a good birthday (Valentine's Day, 2/14/19). Will post more pics once it gets here.

You can take any guitar and make a charcoal burst. You've heard of roasted maple? You can do that with any guitar over an open campfire. You might want to let it rest before you play it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Finally got her in a few days ago. Here are some picks. Still getting used to the sounds of the guitar since the tone and volume controls are a different from my other guitars (Les Paul, 2016 CE24, and Telecaster). I love the neck profile though. I plan to put on some PRS Signature or Exilir Optiweb 9-42 strings on after it shipped with the PRS Signature 10-46 to see how it feels. In terms of intonation and action though, its already perfect.

Finally got her in a few days ago. Here are some picks. Still getting used to the sounds of the guitar since the tone and volume controls are a different from my other guitars (Les Paul, 2016 CE24, and Telecaster). I love the neck profile though. I plan to put on some PRS Signature or Exilir Optiweb 9-42 strings on after it shipped with the PRS Signature 10-46 to see how it feels. In terms of intonation and action though, its already perfect.

Sweet! Congrats! I use Elixr Optiweb 9-42 on mine and am pleased with them.

Sweet! Congrats! I use Elixr Optiweb 9-42 on mine and am pleased with them.

Nice. Did you have to adjust anything since you went with lighter strings on this guitar or did It take to them fine? I imagine it won't need any adjusting.

Looking good!

Back