Votes: 7 16.7%
  • New 2019 at $3,600

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • New 2019 Ten Top at $4,250

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Used 2018 Ten Top at $3,800

Votes: 17 40.5%

• Total voters
I voted used 2018 ten top purely on looks, because it seems like that matters most. Of the 4, the last looks best to me. When talking about keeping a guitar for life, it’ll probably take more than that. Nonetheless, that’s what I’d go with and I’d see if I could talk down the price a bit.

+2

Check if the 2019 has the TCI 58/15’s. If not find a 2020 with TCI. My two cents. BTW they all look nice,

I dont think either of them have it. I believe only the 2020s come with TCI and that would also mean the vintage tuners which neither has.

I dont think either of them have it. I believe only the 2020s come with TCI and that would also mean the vintage tuners which neither has.
The 58/15 LT + are only spec'd for the 2020 *SC*594, not the DC. They are tuned specifically to the SC neck joint/body construction.

The 58/15 LT + are only spec'd for the 2020 *SC*594, not the DC. They are tuned specifically to the SC neck joint/body construction.

Nope - my 2019 DC has them.

RYrm4cdb.jpg

Well THAT's cool! What I said conforms with the PRS website spec, but as we all know, rules are made to be broken. How do they sound?

I was mistaken - these are not the TCI +. They sound fantastic!! I've never heard the stock 58/15 so I don't have a point of reference. Almost all of my non-PRS dual-humbucker guitars have SD Seth Lovers. I always seem to go back to them. In comparison, the 58/15 TCI are not quite as clear/bright and they do seem like they have less output than the Seths. That said, I think I prefer the PRS neck pickup to the Duncan. Just something there that the Seth doesn't have. The split tones are excellent. Not Stratty to me, but very nice and usable for sure. The break-up to distortion is similar. It is very smooth, almost polite. GREAT with OD pedals. I have an old FullDrive II, OCD, Ram's Head Muff and Suhr Riot Reloaded for all different flavors of gain and distortion. Since buying the 594 I've played almost exclusively through a Friedman PT-20 head / Germino 4-12 with V-30s. Straight in with no pedals is also quite fun.

Ok, it’s been 4 days. Which one did you decide on?

I'm pretty certain I'm going to go with #2, the 2019 non 10 top new 594. I like how it's not too charcoal/grey/silverish like the others and has some brown in it. I have a feeling it may not actually be a "charcoal burst", but a "charcoal smokeburst." Would anyone know? I also prefer the burst on it to the others along with its tigerstriping horizontal lines. It being a new guitar appealed to me as well, even though I normally buy used.

I really liked #3 (2019 new 10 top), but the price is a little much for a 10 top and I think I prefer the more subtle brownish charcoal of #2. #1 (used 2018 non 10 top) was probably a close second to #3.

Even though it got the most votes, I think I liked #4 (2018 used 10 top) the least. It was a bit too light for me, almost like a silverburst.

I'm pretty certain I'm going to go with #2, the 2019 non 10 top new 594. I like how it's not too charcoal/grey/silverish like the others and has some brown in it. I have a feeling it may not actually be a "charcoal burst", but a "charcoal smokeburst." Would anyone know? I also prefer the burst on it to the others along with its tigerstriping horizontal lines. It being a new guitar appealed to me as well, even though I normally buy used.

I really liked #3 (2019 new 10 top), but the price is a little much for a 10 top and I think I prefer the more subtle brownish charcoal of #2. #1 (used 2018 non 10 top) was probably a close second to #3.

Even though it got the most votes, I think I liked #4 (2018 used 10 top) the least. It was a bit too light for me, almost like a silverburst.
Good choice!

I guess money is a big part. However, if you are talking about a guitar you can own forever, save more and spec out a private stock. Maybe sell some guitars to justify a private stock.

Personally I'd go new 2019 10 top if i could stretch that far.
The reason being if you can do it then really go for it.!!!

I guess money is a big part. However, if you are talking about a guitar you can own forever, save more and spec out a private stock. Maybe sell some guitars to justify a private stock.

I'm trying to sell a Fender Telecaster to finance this purchase now. The only other guitars I have to sell I want to keep, such as a CE24, Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Gibson J-45, and a Martin 0-18. I dont see too much benefit in spending more on a private stock when the main difference is just going to be finish.

Back