Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mesa Boogie Badlander 50

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Suhr PT15 IR

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
Seriously! In the short time I’ve been here, this place has become a primary component of my social life.

Oh wait - that’s kind of pathetic…
LOL, well, it is for me too on my online social life. Atomic forum imploded. TGP is so big you rarely even get to be buddies with just a few guys. And it's so big there are lots of jackwagons there. :)

LOL, well, it is for me too on my online social life. Atomic forum imploded. TGP is so big you rarely even get to be buddies with just a few guys. And it's so big there are lots of jackwagons there. :)
Yeah, good folks here for sure. I do see you over at TGP. Nice on the tele thread over there. I think I’ve helped derail this thread pretty far at this point…

If you insist!

Ended up with a Mark V 35 because I just kept getting good sounds out of it no matter how I turned the knobs. At first I was worried it would be too fiddly and complicated, but it’s very intuitive and covers every tone I’m interested in. I’ve also always secretly wanted Boogie so I might as well own that fact. It does happen to have DI out and an internal load (only on/off, no attenuation), but that wasn’t really the deciding factor.

Only drawbacks are that channel 2 has more gain than I’ll need (can dial it back enough to get what I want though) and that it’s so deliciously loud I already have an attenuator on the way.

Yeah, good folks here for sure. I do see you over at TGP. Nice on the tele thread over there. I think I’ve helped derail this thread pretty far at this point…
I’m not as nice over there! :D If someone insults me there, I fight back .

Last edited by a moderator:
If you insist!

Ended up with a Mark V 35 because I just kept getting good sounds out of it no matter how I turned the knobs. At first I was worried it would be too fiddly and complicated, but it’s very intuitive and covers every tone I’m interested in. I’ve also always secretly wanted Boogie so I might as well own that fact. It does happen to have DI out and an internal load (only on/off, no attenuation), but that wasn’t really the deciding factor.

Only drawbacks are that channel 2 has more gain than I’ll need (can dial it back enough to get what I want though) and that it’s so deliciously loud I already have an attenuator on the way.

Nice! I have the little brother. There is a thread over on the tele forum for a clean on the extreme setting. PM me or ask me to post the settings if you want.
I’m not as nice over there! :D If someone insults me there, I fight back .

You are pretty entertaining over there! This is like the neighborhood bbq. TGP is like the mosh pit.

TGP is more like the outhouse or porta-san.
You shouldn’t insult mosh-pits like that.
TGP's owners are personal friends. I like them a lot. They started the original PRS Forum, before the factory got involved.

They wanted a more freewheeling place, and they built one. Goodness knows it's successful.

I wish them only the very best. They are superb people, and you'd like them if you knew them. I promise!

"Maybe, but if I can't stand you, Les, what makes you think I'd like them?"

"Because, unlike me, they're nice."

TGP's owners are personal friends. I like them a lot. They started the original PRS Forum, before the factory got involved.

They wanted a more freewheeling place, and they built one. Goodness knows it's successful.

I wish them only the very best. They are superb people, and you'd like them if you knew them. I promise!

"Maybe, but if I can't stand you, Les, what makes you think I'd like them?"

"Because, unlike me, they're nice."
I have zero problems with the owners.
Met them both, Brian and Scott, at the original PRS Forum events down at the home office in Stevensville.;)
It’s the bottom feeders and dregs that argue over the color of sky that patronize that place.

Last edited:
I have zero problems with the owners.
Met them both, Brian and Scott, at the original PRS Forum events down at the home office in Stevensville.;)
It’s the bottom feeders and dregs that argue over the color of sky that patronize that place.
I understand about the bottom feeders, they can be downright neurotic and that's why I no longer post there. However...

It's a successful site that belongs to two friends. I try to be constructive. There's constructive criticism, but on the other hand, there's insulting criticism. With my friends, I prefer constructive.

In that spirit, I wouldn't call it an outhouse or porta-potty. They wanted it to be inclusive of lots of different kinds of people. Unfortunately, that has consequences - you also get The Deplorables.

Policing a site that large is crazy-difficult and hugely time-consuming. I've owned a forum for a few years, and spend altogether too much time with it (and want to direct more time and attention to my composing, so I'm shutting it down after this month).

Faced with my own wishes for a nice place to have a little fun, I restricted the membership to friends and to people who had to go through an approval signup process. There are lots of reasons not to do that if you want an internet site where the public participates heavily.

So it was kind of like owning Disneyland, if Disneyland made people apply to even have the right to buy tickets. I was never going to grow the site that way. I'm OK with that, I knew it going in.

It worked for my intentions. But it could never have attracted a large membership using the 'go through a process to join' model.

To paraphrase the immortal words of Groucho Marx, most people would "refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

Back