Help ID'ing a used guitar I'm considering online

Hi all, fairly new to this forum. Looking to buy my first new PRS -- and just needed some help ID'ing a certain guitar that I've found online based off an image. The seller only knows that it's a "PRS SE Custom," Nothing more. Thanks in advance! https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/msg/d/albany-prs-se-custom-guitar/7151226482.html Does anyone know the specific model #?

At first glance, the guitar seems to be an SE Semi-Hollow Custom 22. Not that easy to discern what color we're speaking about, given the lighting. You'd need to ask the seller, or ask for the serial number and email the PRS Factory, if they have records of the guitar.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

At first glance, the guitar seems to be an SE Semi-Hollow Custom 22. Not that easy to discern what color we're speaking about, given the lighting. You'd need to ask the seller, or ask for the serial number and email the PRS Factory, if they have records of the guitar.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the fast response! I think you're right, searching that up online yielded similar photos, I had earlier not been able to find a model with that eyebrow shaped cutout, so was just curious. Just wondering, if I can get that model for $350 vs a Zach Myers PRS SE Sunburst guitar for ~$550 used, what would you recommend? I've been playing guitar for quite some time so I'm not a beginner, just trying to get a good deal because (I think? both of these are)

It looks like a Custom 22 Semi Hollow like this one https://reverb.com/uk/price-guide/guide/23567-paul-reed-smith-se-custom-22-semi-hollow-2010s-natural

DSC_0615_1600x.jpg

Thank you, I think you're right as well. Re my previous question earlier on the thread- if I can get that model for $350 vs a Zach Myers PRS SE Sunburst guitar for ~$550 used, what would you recommend? I've been playing guitar for quite some time so I'm not a beginner, just trying to get a good deal because (I think? both of these are)

Personally, I would probably go with the Zach Myers because I prefer the options and the aesthetics of those. The Zach has independent tone/volume pots, a nice looking 'F' hole and a switch on the upper side. I don't really like switches behind the bridge myself and I don't like the look of that scratch plate covering up the beauty of the veneer. I am not too bothered about having a pre-intonated bridge, but I would still prefer the option to adjust so for me, I would rather pay the extra and get the Zach Myers.

However, you are not buying the guitar for me or for my preferences, you are buying the guitar for yourself and therefore you should really try and buy the guitar that you want, that you think will suit you best.I would advise you go out and try them if you can, have a look at them, hear what they sound like, how they feel to play and decide which would fit you best. I know under the current state of the world, that isn't easy - if its an option at all.

I wouldn't be happy buying a used guitar online with so few photos and absolutely no buyer protection. Buying online from a recognised retailer at least offers some protection too. I would want to know that the Frets are decent, that the pots and pups work as expected etc and if not, then I can either get a refund or get it put right.

At the end of the day, the decision is yours and its your money, you that will be playing the guitar etc. Good luck and enjoy the hunt....

Thanks for the fast response! I think you're right, searching that up online yielded similar photos, I had earlier not been able to find a model with that eyebrow shaped cutout, so was just curious. Just wondering, if I can get that model for $350 vs a Zach Myers PRS SE Sunburst guitar for ~$550 used, what would you recommend? I've been playing guitar for quite some time so I'm not a beginner, just trying to get a good deal because (I think? both of these are)

You're welcome; I'd usually offer a suggestion, but I've not much experience with these guitars in hand, so I'll defer to others who own either guitar themselves.

I see that others have already chimed in. Only thing I can say is to do your research, view some YouTube videos, and above all, let your ears be your guide. Having one or both guitars in hand to sample may not always be possible, though others on this forum can provide better hands-on experience than YT videos could.

And to reinforce what @Mozzi said, buying from a reputable seller online provides more guarantee regards your guitar than Craigslist. Too many stories of deals gone bad on Craigslist compared to more reliable sales sites.

Last edited:
Back