Help Identifying my PRS

cmvrms

I've had this guitar for many years and am going to list it on eBay. Before I do that, I need your help identifying exactly which model and color it is. From my memory it is a year 2000 Custom 22 with Bird Inlays. Any information is greatly appreciated!
H2CleS3.jpg
NVLXuXk.jpg
OEdRhKj.jpg
ySkoj4T.jpg
bcb0ndf.jpg

oops I meant to post this in Electric Instruments, can a mod please move it there?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but how do we know you are the owner? You are asking for the same information that anyone would be asking if they had taken it from you and are trying to sell it. If you can give us some information that can substantiate the claim that it is yours, there are many here who could help you.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but how do we know you are the owner? You are asking for the same information that anyone would be asking if they had taken it from you and are trying to sell it. If you can give us some information that can substantiate the claim that it is yours, there are many here who could help you.
i'm confused, why would I post a guitar that isn't mine? my grandparents bought me this guitar for my 16th birthday in 2001 and i played for a couple of years and it has been in it's case for most of the time since. i've seen others asking for help identifying their guitars and they didn't get this type of response. how would you like me to substantiate that it is mine?

I believe it's a 2000 Custom 22. Hard to tell from the pics, but I'd say Faded Whale Blue? It's also a 10 Top

To be sure, if you remove the pick ups and look at the Modcat (bar code) that will contain all of the info for your guitar. You'd need to search for Modcat Decoder on the forum to find out how to cypher yours.

Definitely a CU22 with a very nice ten top. Hard to tell the color from the two pictures, but my guess is Whale Blue. Nice guitar!

i'm confused, why would I post a guitar that isn't mine? my grandparents bought me this guitar for my 16th birthday in 2001 and i played for a couple of years and it has been in it's case for most of the time since. i've seen others asking for help identifying their guitars and they didn't get this type of response. how would you like me to substantiate that it is mine?

Most others don't ask for info about a guitar to sell,
They ask for info because they acquired it and want to know what they have.

Yup, 10 top CU22 in Royal Blue. Whale blue had the natural binding. Royal Blue is a wrap around finish. I used to have one just like it. One I should have never sold.

22's also had the covered dragon pickups. Unless you need cash, I would not sell. That is a keeper.

It wasn't intended to offend you. There were some things in the message that someone who really didn't own it might ask. Like; most people who have owned their guitar for years already know the model. You have since told us your grandparents bought it when you were 16. That is believable. It is a shame you haven't played it enough to get interested in the model since. The fact that you didn't know it was a 10 top is also a kind of signal that it might be stolen as those who are low enough to steal one probably wouldn't know that much about PRS guitars. Lastly, the intonation has been altered and is probably not optimum. If you didn't play it much, what made you think you needed to change the intonation? I would have suspected that you didn't really own it.

I do believe you now and yes you have a Custom 22 10 top. I agree it isn't whale blue, but it doesn't really look Royal blue either, maybe naturally faded Royal Blue. It is a lovely guitar and with the added sentiment of being a gift from your grandparents, I would have to be in dire straights to be forced to sell it. Good luck with what you decide to do.

Although it is not usual for brand-new posters to post here asking about a guitar they are thinking of selling, I also would think someone who really had stolen this guitar would instead pretend to be a new owner and come up with some sort of lame story like they are a 16-year-old kid and their grand-parents just bought them this gently-used guitar from a guitar store. :wink:

I've seen whale blue PRSi that look just like that - the close-up of the body shot looks darker than the rest, and is probably closer to the true color - I think the other shots are washed-out / over-exposed. If it has been a case-queen, it shouldn't have faded much at all, unless it did so hanging at the store where originally bought.

It looks great, but if you don't play it, I understand you wanting to sell it.

Just as a heads-up, we are discouraged from discussing relative value here because CU22s are still sold as new models. But: If you look on Reverb.com, you should be able to figure out a fair price for a similar model. The 10-top helps a little, so make sure to look at those price comparisons, not just the non-10-top models.

Yup, 10 top CU22 in Royal Blue. Whale blue had the natural binding. Royal Blue is a wrap around finish. I used to have one just like it. One I should have never sold.
Yup, whale also has black back.

thank you all for your help and replies. i've been back and forth about wanting to sell it for a couple of years now. while it's a beautiful guitar and quite the collectors piece, i feel like someone else may be able to appreciate and give it far better use than i can. I'm not incredibly dextrous and only got so far when learning to play. I also have a Gibson Gothic Les Paul that I can play with every so often when I get the itch. yes, it does hold some sentimental value being a gift from my grandparents, but the memories i have with them and the time i still have with them is far more valuable to me than a token. I guess I have a lot to think about

I think that it would be a really tremendous (and sentimental) gesture of your appreciation if you take a little time to get familiar with it and play it for your grandparents, since you still have some time to share with them. That is one heck of a token. I never had grandparents to hear me play.

PS. It doesn't matter how well you can play...

Back