Help Identifying Guitar CE 24 Year

Not yet, it is on order. I guess since it is used there is a good chance the pickups are not original anyway.

Due to the headstock and control layout, I'm going to guess at very late 90's to early 2000's.

The non veneered maple is a give away but the tuners (appears to be Phase I winged tuners) adds to a transition period. 5 Way control is what it is.

Sweet guitar none the less....minus the plain maple headstock, that is a guitar that I've been on the hunt for!!

Show us the serial and we can verify more details!!

I see phase 2's. I'd say it's post 2002. If it is the same one as on TGP it's a 2008.
Nice guitar.

I called and got the serial #729218
Hmm, that sort of doesn't make sense.

According to the link thothace provided, this is what the SN ending in 29218 should be for CEs:

CE 27901 – 29377 2005

Assuming the the SN started with "CE", (for a CE model), and the 7 provided is the lead-in digit for the above so the whole number would be "7 CE 29218", the year of manufacture would be 2007.

Old CEs started with a 7, so if the SN is truly just 729218 on the back plate, that makes even less sense: the 7 designation for CE stopped in 1998.

When you get it, please take a photo of the backplate, we are very interested in seeing it to correlate SN. Oh, and take pics of the rest of the guitar too!

Just looking at that one pic, I can date it to 2002-2008. Likely on the latter part of that era due to the naked maple headstock face. I don't remember when they dropped the black headstock face on the CE.

Would've had HFS/VB pickups stock.

Agree that the serial number doesn't compute. Should have a digit that indicates year, then "CE", and then a five digit number indicating production sequence.

I went and tried out the guitar today, and I ended up not keeping it the frets seemed all corroded or something. The serial was actually #6 CE 29218 it was a 20th anniversary according to the truss rod cover.

I went and tried out the guitar today, and I ended up not keeping it the frets seemed all corroded or something. The serial was actually #6 CE 29218 it was a 20th anniversary according to the truss rod cover.

Nickel frets tarnish quickly if not taken care of. It's easily remedied with some steel wool and or one of those metal polishing cloths. Then just playing it regularly and wiping it down after keeps them smooth.

Btw I used one of these on my last fret cleaning go-round and one cloth did 6 guitars, frets AND bridge hardware before it was spent. No steel wool needed

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S28IBU...t=&hvlocphy=1017988&hvtargid=pla-304846177893

Sunshine polish cloth.

Last edited:
Back