Help identifying a used PRS

Daniel Chakrin

Came across a used PRS and am having trouble identifying it. It’s listed as a CE 24 but has a set neck. Has dot (moon?) inlays and the 5 way selector is a knob. Serial number is handwritten an is
942809 (first 9 might be a 4).

It’s listed for just under $1,400. Any hello identifying the model, year and value would be appreciated. I’m on vacation and if it’s worth it would like to pick it up while I’m here.

His pics…..looks like a standard 24, did they have them in 99? If it doesn’t have any breaks and plays good it would be a cool grab if you can deal with the color.

MbHtIMh.jpg

IT7y1nt.jpg

Yeah that’s a Standard for sure, and they were still making them in ‘99.

Well guitar center wouldn’t budge on price. Offered a fees set of strings. I just don’t love the finish. Not a fan of tobacco bursts. Think I may pass

Going by the reverb sold priced this definitely looks like a good deal so if anyone is near Sarasota Florida go for it.

Well guitar center wouldn’t budge on price. Offered a fees set of strings. I just don’t love the finish. Not a fan of tobacco bursts. Think I may pass

Going by the reverb sold priced this definitely looks like a good deal so if anyone is near Sarasota Florida go for it.

Just sayin, this is the perfect candidate for a rattle can refin.......sand that ***** down and spray it any color you like. A weekend of aggravation and you got a low dollar tone machine. I have and several others have done it and it’s a fun project.

Just sayin, this is the perfect candidate for a rattle can refin.......sand that ***** down and spray it any color you like. A weekend of aggravation and you got a low dollar tone machine. I have and several others have done it and it’s a fun project.
Ha! I wish I could. I live in a Brooklyn apartment and have never sanded down or painted anything in my whole life ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm one of those old guys that keeps telling the same story over and over.

Hopefully in this case it's useful to someone. Regarding GC. Probably wise to avoid buying a guitar from them unless it's a great deal (which is highly unlikely). There are just too many stories of pain and misery

I only paid $1550 for my 1995 Standard 24 when it was new and it was an Annapolis shop guitar.

Back