Help Identifying a GC Mystery guitar

Wow - if that is from that Dave's run, I suspect you got an awesome deal!

GC's used section is weird - some stuff is priced OK, most of it is a little overpriced (typical), and some of it is a real steal because they just don't know what they have. That's how I picked up my 30W HXDA so cheaply.

I need to troll it more regularly, but I have sworn off actually buying anything until Experience in a few weeks! (Last week's CE was the last thing before Experience, I promise!)

Hello

I saw this guitar on the GC used website priced attractively. It was listed as a 2009 Custom 22 Honey Burst.

It looked special to my eye and I had the notion that they did not identify this correctly. Since it was after hours I pulled the trigger. I planned to call in the am to get some in hand pictures, but got the shipping notice before they opened. I called anyways and the person there knew nothing about the guitar or what a tune o matic bridge is. I thanked him and started googling. Anyhow, the long waiting period has started and I wonder what I'll get.

Here are some grainy pics to start the ID

PRS TOM by jcolmn, on Flickr

PRS TOM 2 by jcolmn, on Flickr

I see:
TOM bridge
22 frets
Nice birds
Curly Maple
Zebra Pickups (hopefully stock)
McCarty tuners

Is that a PRS hand signed headstock?
With some special writing between the E string tuners?

The waiting is the hardest part.

When you called you should have asked the GC worker bee to grab that guit- fiddle and describe what's on the back of the headsock.

Or you could just let the anticipation build as you wait for what will seem like years until it arrives.

Nice Guitar!

Hello

I saw this guitar on the GC used website priced attractively. It was listed as a 2009 Custom 22 Honey Burst.

It looked special to my eye and I had the notion that they did not identify this correctly. Since it was after hours I pulled the trigger. I planned to call in the am to get some in hand pictures, but got the shipping notice before they opened. I called anyways and the person there knew nothing about the guitar or what a tune o matic bridge is. I thanked him and started googling. Anyhow, the long waiting period has started and I wonder what I'll get.

Here are some grainy pics to start the ID

PRS TOM by jcolmn, on Flickr

PRS TOM 2 by jcolmn, on Flickr

I see:
TOM bridge
22 frets
Nice birds
Curly Maple
Zebra Pickups (hopefully stock)
McCarty tuners

Is that a PRS hand signed headstock?
With some special writing between the E string tuners?

The waiting is the hardest part.

Looks like a Dave’s limited edition 2009, there’s a vintage yellow one but 24 fret on Reverb right now for a hefty price.

Looking forward to when you receive it please post some photos, got to love GC worst photos ever!

UPS rescheduled the delivery for Monday.:eek::mad:
I hate it when they do that. Happens far too often to be just a "bad luck thing" - I think UPS (and USPS and FedEx) all operate on a "get Amazon pkgs there first, everyone else suffers" method. (Apparently Amazon demands super-high % on-time, else you don't get the full value of the contract - i.e you lose money.)

I hate it when they do that. Happens far too often to be just a "bad luck thing" - I think UPS (and USPS and FedEx) all operate on a "get Amazon pkgs there first, everyone else suffers" method. (Apparently Amazon demands super-high % on-time, else you don't get the full value of the contract - i.e you lose money.)

The one nice thing about living near a mall. I'm on the same route for UPS and FedEx. It may be late in the day, but I always get it.

Take a good look at the pictures of the bridge...that is an interesting combo =-)

Yeah, I don’t get it. Last two pictures show the regular tailpiece for the Tune-o-matic bridge. Description says it includes one piece wraparound bridge. Why I don’t know. Makes it look odd.

Well she arrived. Came with a beat up old PRS case with no paperwork or anything in it but a trem arm. Missing the switch tip. Looks like it is one of the Dave's Guitars limited runs with 59/09's. Fat neck. I called GC to see if they had the case, but no PRS cases in the building.

Signature on the headstock is fading. I assume it is signed over the finish and that I need to be careful of it. At any rate, very pleased with how this turned out. Great top and tone.

20180521_215052 by jcolmn, on Flickr

20180521_215057 by jcolmn, on Flickr

20180521_215103 by jcolmn, on Flickr

20180521_212358 by jcolmn, on Flickr
20180521_212151 by jcolmn, on Flickr

Awesome!! Looks great!! I like the Dave's special run, has signature on the headstock. Lovely Vintage Yellow and I believe it has and artist grade top. Enjoy

Back