HELP ID THIS COLOR!

DopplegangeR

Hi!

I am looking at a 2014 408 Maple, but the seller do not know what color it is. I was asking for the MODCAT so at least I can decipher it myself but seller's a bit fickle in divulging the info.

It's a 2014 model, and I browse these color charts at the PRS website and I cannot exactly pinpoint what color it should be.

http://prsguitars.com/maplecolors/

Here's a photo of the guitar:

Yellow Tiger maybe? I think PRS has been known to deviate from the available color list from time to time. I really wish they would include the color on the hang tag.

The 2013 408s came in Santana Yellow.

http://www.prsguitars.com/2013/408/colors.php

Maybe, although bought in 2014 as "new", it is really a 2013?

EDIT: NEVERMIND: just saw the serial number on the back of the headstock.

Well, still, maybe a 2013 with the body already finished, but not released until 2014, so had an "old" color?

Im almost sure its Livingston Lemondrop. It's a very difficult color to photograph (plus the lighting is not helping). A friend of mine had one, and every time he took a picture of the guitar, thats the way it looked.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies!

All the color guesses are AWESOME!!! KUDOS to kes7u!

On Vintage Yellow, I guess it comes w/ stained red back and headstock, unless they have changed that combination lately. (This color together w/ the Livingston Lemondrop are my fave ones @Fer Lorente gives me more gas on what you said above lol!)

On Vintage Natural , my Tremonti has the same hue, but I doubt this one's a VN. It has more yellow and the latter has none. (back and headstock colors are natural tho)

On Yellow Tiger, it's close, but the photos the seller gave me looks edited with all the lighting.

On Santana Yellow, also close enough, the natural back and headstock could be a match.

Hopefully I can check the guitar, seller is out of town so I hope to get hold on it soon. Meanwhile keep those ID colors comin!

Finally seller informs me the color is.....

wait for it.....

AUTUMN SKY

I emailed PRS customer service and got this reply

Thank you for writing PRS Guitars. This appears to be a 2014 408, figured maple top, mahogany neck with a pattern thin carve, rosewood fretboard with an Autumn Sky finish.

I hope you find this information helpful. Thank you for your continued support of PRS Guitars.

Like Livingston Lemondrop, this one's a bit hard to capture through photographs. I checked online photos and can't see anything similar to the one I posted above. But then again both (seller and PRS customer service) agree on the color.

Any thoughts on this color? Anyone own one?

Try as I might, I can't get an Autumn Sky finish to look anywhere near that yellow. But, I could get the yellow-looking guitar to look like Autumn Sky! Hope you don't mind, OP, but here is one of your photos, tweaked slightly in the color space:

Yellow_Or_AutumnSky_408_zpsd667aeb1.jpg

It still seems to be missing that somewhat subdued color in the middle of the body and the darker tones on the edges that I see on most photos of Autumn Sky guitars, but that may be just variation in the "burst".

EDIT: Oh yeah, the color of the floor seems to be closer to the same floor in the shot showing the back of the headstock. The floor in the original image is almost as yellow as the guitar seems!

That's possible but I think that a combination of the camera setting, flash, indoor lighting, and possible heavy-handed use of a photo editor throwing off the color is more likely.

Exactly!

sorry ... I call BS. Somebody marked the tag / s/n wrong.....
Or really messed up the finish on that one....

https://www.google.com/search?q=prs...a=X&ei=uYZGVPW3KsLhsASNj4D4AQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

No worries, bud. That's also my initial reaction.

Try as I might, I can't get an Autumn Sky finish to look anywhere near that yellow. But, I could get the yellow-looking guitar to look like Autumn Sky! Hope you don't mind, OP, but here is one of your photos, tweaked slightly in the color space:

Yellow_Or_AutumnSky_408_zpsd667aeb1.jpg

It still seems to be missing that somewhat subdued color in the middle of the body and the darker tones on the edges that I see on most photos of Autumn Sky guitars, but that may be just variation in the "burst".

EDIT: Oh yeah, the color of the floor seems to be closer to the same floor in the shot showing the back of the headstock. The floor in the original image is almost as yellow as the guitar seems!

Awesome, man. Now it gives me an idea how it'll look given that kind of top.

I also thought the original photo's floor contributed to washing it out plus the other factors mentioned by tbp0701

Like you pointed out the halo on the burst is subdued or might be an angle shot, or maybe a variation in the "burst", compared to those Autumn Sky we see online.

Thanks for the input! Will check this guitar soon.

Sorry..didn't mean to sound nasty before. I was in a hurry and forgot to add that some proper photos are needed....
Can't wait to see the 'real' thing.

Back