Hello

Daryl Jones

non-practicing pacifist
Just a note to say "hi". Not new to forums, but certainly a noob here. I'm what you'd call a "fledgling" player, certainly not likely to shake up the likes of Joe Bonamassa anyway, but it's a work in progress. I enjoy pretty much all types/genres of music, and I'm certainly a guitar buff. I'm pretty much a R&R fan, and spend lots of time listening to all of the great players like Joe, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray, Steve Vai, David Gilmore, B.B. King, Buddy Guy... the list is endless. Guitar has given me a deeper insight to all types of playing, and definitely has taught me to listen more specifically to what's underneath, not just the overall song.
My pride and joy is my SE Custom 24 (I opted for the sapphire blue over the more popular dark maple finish just to be different). My first in person look at a PRS was a few years back in Algodones Mexico and it pretty much knocked me on my butt then and there. I'd still love to enhance my meager collection (currently 2 electrics, two acoustics, and a bass) with several other machines, but all in due time. Besides, there's more PRS models I could easily be talked into as well.
I look forward to reading up and learning some of the finer points of these great instruments, and hopefully don't come across too dense or foolish in the process. Cheers and keep it cranked!

Just a note to say "hi". Not new to forums, but certainly a noob here. I'm what you'd call a "fledgling" player, certainly not likely to shake up the likes of Joe Bonamassa anyway, but it's a work in progress. I enjoy pretty much all types/genres of music, and I'm certainly a guitar buff. I'm pretty much a R&R fan, and spend lots of time listening to all of the great players like Joe, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray, Steve Vai, David Gilmore, B.B. King, Buddy Guy... the list is endless. Guitar has given me a deeper insight to all types of playing, and definitely has taught me to listen more specifically to what's underneath, not just the overall song.
My pride and joy is my SE Custom 24 (I opted for the sapphire blue over the more popular dark maple finish just to be different). My first in person look at a PRS was a few years back in Algodones Mexico and it pretty much knocked me on my butt then and there. I'd still love to enhance my meager collection (currently 2 electrics, two acoustics, and a bass) with several other machines, but all in due time. Besides, there's more PRS models I could easily be talked into as well.
I look forward to reading up and learning some of the finer points of these great instruments, and hopefully don't come across too dense or foolish in the process. Cheers and keep it cranked!
Welcome, and for your exquisite taste you get one trophy point!

Thanks for the welcomes. Been poking around and seeing some very interesting stuff and some good natured banter as well (humor is always good!). I had an issue with the PRS site and account set-up in general, seems I can't use my Canadian address, only shows US choices and zip codes. I know that's not really related to what's in the threads here, but dayum it's frustrating.

Thanks for the welcomes. Been poking around and seeing some very interesting stuff and some good natured banter as well (humor is always good!). I had an issue with the PRS site and account set-up in general, seems I can't use my Canadian address, only shows US choices and zip codes. I know that's not really related to what's in the threads here, but dayum it's frustrating.
Interesting.
Quite a few of us are Canadian, and I don’t recall hearing of that problem before.

I thought it was strange too, didn't matter what I tried I couldn't enter Canada, AB, or a postal code, all I wanted was a polo shirt! But I did get an email confirming my site registration and there was a contact at the very bottom that I missed so I sent a reply about it. It's not that I'll do a pile of direct ordering from the PRS site, but I'm sure it will come up sometime since I live in the sticks in Northern Alberta. Especially this time of year with winter threatening to make the highways treacherous enough to keep me from visiting my favorite shops in Edmonton if I don't feel like driving half the day. Better I don't go in there anyway, too much temptation...:eek:

Interesting.
Quite a few of us are Canadian, and I don’t recall hearing of that problem before.
Got a reply from PRS. Seems they don't ship/sell direct to Canadian addresses. Might be a low sales volume thing, lots of my motorcycle vendors are the same way. Customs and border issues maybe.

Back