Hello, new member here! PS Custom 2408.

b1n4r7

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I'm an acoustic guitar guy, but I fall in love with PRS guitar after I read all "Private Stock Friday" thread. Yes... I read all 509 pages... lol.

I went to the Vault last week and I placed an order for Custom 2408. It was a really exciting experience. I met Tina, two Pauls and they were super friendly.

I wanted one-piece quilted maple top and back, but there were not killer one-piece quilted maple boards available. I chose what Paul recommended. I would be better if these were one-piece boards, but these are beautiful, too. I can't wait to see the finished guitar!

Nice to meet you everyone!

Thanks!

TOIJtP6.jpg

yHmYZlo.jpg

Last edited:
First off...congrats on your PS / visit to the Vault; it's something that I hope to do myself some day.

I wanted one-piece quilted maple top and back, but there were not killer one-piece quilted maple boards available. I chose what Paul recommended. I would be better if these were one-piece boards, but these are beautiful, too. I can't wait to see it!
That's a bummer to hear...and frankly one of the only concerns I have going to visit the vault in person; i.e. not finding a piece of wood that fits what I'm looking for.

On a side note, I prefer 2 piece tops because of the symmetry you can get.
There is a key word in your statement..."CAN"; I've seen a number tops that totally loose their symmetry after being carved. I understand how nature works and what not, but on Private Stocks there is always the hope that a selected piece of wood won't "go there" too badly. That's the main reason I prefer a one-piece top...if the pattern moves around post carve it just isn't noticeable side to side.

What a dream: select the wood from birth, and spec a guitar the way you want!

I did that with an acoustic once because my next door neighbor hand built Martin pattern guitars.
Got a beautiful “OM” guitar!

Nice entry!

I've been in that room with the two Pauls and Tina as well, no Larry though. A fun place indeed.

Nice quilt BTW. And as with most really nice quilt tops, I see faces. :eek:

Congrats! Love the ‘tubular’ quilt you picked out. I wanted a top like that but none was available at the time. That’s ok, my Build ended up with a real 3D quality to the depth of the figure which I like a lot as well (avatar).

love the wood you picked. There are a lot of people who like a good bookmatch on this forum. 2-piece tops are killer!

My one piece top. Not a private stock by any means but I love this guitar. :D

do5pisn20okzvonesxng.jpg

bi8gkktgwj5repc3nf4a.jpg

(pix snagged from the original ad that caused me to buy this instrument. And yes, I am pretty sure most people here are tired of seeing them. But, if you are new, maybe you aren't sick of them yet.....lol)

On a side note:
That wood I saw you snatch up will be ridiculous when finished!!!

Welcome to the club.
If you need help picking a while-you-wait-for-it-to-be-built guitar just let us know. We'd be happy to help find you something to play while you wait for your ps to be built. Folks here are good like that.

Congrats! The vault visit is one of the best parts of the PS journey - the Pauls and Tina are great people.

Great wood sets you grabbed. It would have taken me half an hour to figure out which was the front and which was the back, and I'd have second-guessed my choice for weeks. Can't wait to see the final product.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

It would have taken me half an hour to figure out which was the front and which was the back, and I'd have second-guessed my choice for weeks. Can't wait to see the final product.

That's exactly what I've been through! It was pretty easy to figure out which was the front and which was the back because I just followed Paul's suggestion, but I can't stop having second-guessed my choices one-piece vs. two-pieces. hahaha...

Back