hello all..97 custom 22 10 top and 97 mccarty for 2012, 408 trade?

stephan

hi to everyone,,steve from winnipeg
i have one of the biggest decisions in my life to make

i have a mccarty and custom 22,,both dragon pups,,original stock cases everything
and i have an offer on the table,,someone wants to trade me a 2012 408,,all three are prime condition

financially and intelligently would this be a fair trade,,or would i be losing out on to much
need help from the community dedicated to the greatest guitars ever created

my thanks

1) Are you tired of the McCarty and Custom 22 and Jonesin' for a 408?

2) What year are your 2 guitars? You can do a quick search of the auction sites to see what they are going for and decide if it's a good deal financially. If it is, see question 1.

I love the 408, but unless you have GAS for one at any cost, two great guitars for one?

The 408 is a wonderful guitar, but no way you should make that trade.

Of course, if it's for the Bonnie Pink 408 that's on Reverb right now, you should do it. Pink rules!

The 408 is a cool guitar, but that is a very lop-sided trade IMO. I think you're losing out way too much on the trade.

all my thanks to everyone who contributed to helping in me not making a ,,as we say in latin,,a jerk out of myself..
financially according to many sites and personal views from prs lovers the 408 is worth a good 4000,,the custom 10 top and mccarty are street value about 2000 for each,,conservitively speaking so in ball park it would be around the fair mark but yes,,2 for 1 would not be a fair trade even though in my limited knowledge i was really considering it simply because of the way she,,the 408 looks,,and from all the raves ive heard about her,,

but i am indeed passing on the deal..the custom 22 10 top is here in front of me as i type,,the mccarty is new to my arms and as always is at a luthier at the moment geting a dr;s check up,,i always bring them to the same magician whenever i get a new high ender,,but yes when she is home ill put them side by side and take some nice shots and send them in..

thanks fellow prs lovers,,
oh had to return...both are 1997 beauties,,sadly,,a little cosmetic wear on both,,slight buckle rash on the custom and a sliver of paint missing from the first top cut,,,,and the mccarty is a bit more,,,id say a pinky nail chip of paint missing on the back under the heart back panel,,a small nick on the back edge ,,actually i remember that i do have pictures right now,,ill find a way to share

hmm its not as easy as sharing on your emails is it,,ill figure it out

Last edited:
all my thanks to everyone who contributed to helping in me not making a ,,as we say in latin,,a jerk out of myself..
financially according to many sites and personal views from prs lovers the 408 is worth a good 4000,,the custom 10 top and mccarty are street value about 2000 for each,,conservitively speaking so in ball park it would be around the fair mark but yes,,2 for 1 would not be a fair trade even though in my limited knowledge i was really considering it simply because of the way she,,the 408 looks,,and from all the raves ive heard about her,,

but i am indeed passing on the deal..the custom 22 10 top is here in front of me as i type,,the mccarty is new to my arms and as always is at a luthier at the moment geting a dr;s check up,,i always bring them to the same magician whenever i get a new high ender,,but yes when she is home ill put them side by side and take some nice shots and send them in..

thanks fellow prs lovers,,

Perhaps the 408 is worth $4k new, but there are plenty on Reverb either under that or well under that price.

I think you made the right choice :)

I think you have arrived at the best decision. And I say, two or more guitars are better than one.

thanks as well guys,,yes ive seen some at above 4000 but they were being advertised on ebay from stores no doubt,,and used,,and from personal sellers at almost 3000 usd which is like 15,000 canadian lol..no..i guess its more like 3400 canadian give or take a dime...and also ive seen mccartys and customs going for more then 2400 usd,,and 2000 from personal sellers too..its all a jungle,,but yes ill keep them for sure,,im still having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to share with everyone,,i cant paste and post pictures?

thanks as well guys,,yes ive seen some at above 4000 but they were being advertised on ebay from stores no doubt,,and used,,and from personal sellers at almost 3000 usd which is like 15,000 canadian lol..no..i guess its more like 3400 canadian give or take a dime...and also ive seen mccartys and customs going for more then 2400 usd,,and 2000 from personal sellers too..its all a jungle,,but yes ill keep them for sure,,im still having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to share with everyone,,i cant paste and post pictures?
As always, prices vary depending on supply, demand, and mood of the seller. But right now, there are 408s available on Reverb for not much more than the usual going rates for CU22s and McCartys. So you did well by not trading.

To post pics you need to upload your photos to another site like Imgur or the link dmatthews gave, then grab the direct link to paste into a thread here, using the "Image" tool if it doesn't come preloaded with IMG tags.

whoa,,then if they are going for the same price as my mccarty then..man am i glad i sought guidence here first,,thanks loads i mean that,,because i was dead band seriously considering the trade..yes thank ill try out the image list..ill be figuring it out when i return in about 3 or so hours,,all my thanks everyone

You're focusing on the wrong numbers my friend... Two good guitars is better than one good guitar!

Back