Heartbreak Warfare (7 strings)

themike

Its like seeing a girl you're in love with walking around with her new boyfriend. It just hurts at this point, guys!

Two new 7s out of the last batch of PS guitars.... for the love of god, FREE THE SEVENS!

rhmir6.jpg

Dustie Waring

CDX9kYzUEAACLEz.jpg

Mark Holcomb

Marks is 26.5 with the trimmings and Dusties is 25 with a Floyd and Pegasus/Sentient pickups.

Those are both awesome, but a 26.5" scale 7 string? Yes please! With the way the special editions have gone (and the degree of customization they have) you may see your 7 yet, Mike.

I would buy a core production 7-string PRS in a heartbeat. Of course, it might be a long heartbeat, because my heart will stop!

Those look awesome. Please, Mr. Smith, please, can we have some production Core USA 7-stringers? I love my SE-7, but there is a reason your core models are so desired and worth the price!

Beautiful!!

I'm still debating on a 7 string, I thought for sure I wanted one, but then got the MM, now I'm just kind of thinking I want one.

Those look awesome Mike. There's gotta be a limited core run in the works at some point? Similar to the Dusty and Mark runs?

Those look awesome Mike. There's gotta be a limited core run in the works at some point? Similar to the Dusty and Mark runs?

I dont know anymore Vaughn, trust me when I say I've tried everything from meetings with people at PRS to meetings with big dealers on runs to make it happen and it just comes down to PRS does what PRS wants to do when they want to do it. The SE7 was designed around 2007 and it came out a year ago if that goes to tell you anything but it did come out, right?

So I really don't know. I am usually against doing this but maybe if everyone that wanted one emailed Customer Service, they'd actually see that a handful of people want it. Maybe we should type up a generalized form and the address for people to send in so they know its a unified group of people and not random ramblings.

I would buy the F@$# out of either of those guitars! and I just happen to be in the market for a 7 string... hmmmmm

I don't even own one 3Mike :tongue:

HAHAHAH! There are many Marks, yet only one theMarkie ;)

Plus you have some double necks so you don't need it - tune the lower half to a drop tuning and you're set

And you know you're more than welcome to borrow and SE7 for as long as you want! haha

Last edited:
I dont know anymore Vaughn, trust me when I say I've tried everything from meetings with people at PRS to meetings with big dealers on runs to make it happen and it just comes down to PRS does what PRS wants to do when they want to do it. The SE7 was designed around 2007 and it came out a year ago if that goes to tell you anything but it did come out, right?

So I really don't know. I am usually against doing this but maybe if everyone that wanted one emailed Customer Service, they'd actually see that a handful of people want it. Maybe we should type up a generalized form and the address for people to send in so they know its a unified group of people and not random ramblings.

I am not a 7 string fan, but I really can't understand why, until now, PRS didn't released a limited run of US 7 strings. They could do a Dave Weiner, Emil's, Dusty, Mark, etc limited run.

I would be interested to see the numbers of SE 7s sold since their release. As multifaceted as the 6-string guitar department must be to cater to so many different players, I wonder if the 7-string universe is just one that Paul doesn't care to dive into. We're seeing so many different extended range guitars and options coming out, it seems like a whole different game that's not so much on Paul's list. I would be the last to say, but the proof is in the pudding. The djent- and other-metal genres collectively amount to a smaller demographic that may be economically stillborn to the level of R&D and expense-column investment that Paul would no doubt make in a USA 7-string deployment. One can only hope. Because these guitars are mind blowing!!!

+1 for Pegasus/Sentient pickups. OMG!!!!

Time to start the Stevensville Riots - 3 angry dudes in the parking lot trying to rock Paul's SUV....

11184605_413074568875025_1994493216_n.jpg

Back