Headstock Logo Glue?

Doubtful. Tose inlayes are set with crazy glue. I can't remember ever hearing of any of them coming loose.

The foil decals, otoh... They are known to loosen with certain cleaning solvents...
Looks like he cleared it up. I agree the foil logos can be a pain. That was something I never understood why the did it with a sticker. I much prefer the inlay approach. It is more up to the quality of the rest of the guitar.

My parents used to make some items that they used to sell at flea market type events. They used super glues with some of their items. We discovered that when you put an item in a display case outside and the sun shines on it for a while, the glue will let go. We had no idea that it would fail in those situations. They switched to epoxy glues where they could to combat the issue.

Looks like he cleared it up. I agree the foil logos can be a pain. That was something I never understood why the did it with a sticker. I much prefer the inlay approach. It is more up to the quality of the rest of the guitar.

My parents used to make some items that they used to sell at flea market type events. They used super glues with some of their items. We discovered that when you put an item in a display case outside and the sun shines on it for a while, the glue will let go. We had no idea that it would fail in those situations. They switched to epoxy glues where they could to combat the issue.

The inlay signatures have been reserved for the "Artist Package" guitars with the rosewood overlay on the headstock and other special runs.

They came well after the foil signatures...

The inlay signatures have been reserved for the "Artist Package" guitars with the rosewood overlay on the headstock and other special runs.

They came well after the foil signatures...
Yep, I am well aware of that. I have an 06 SC Trem, that I have had for many years, that is an artist pack and was my first one with the inlay. All of my other models from back in that era all have the voil logos on them.

Yep, I am well aware of that. I have an 06 SC Trem, that I have had for many years, that is an artist pack and was my first one with the inlay. All of my other models from back in that era all have the voil logos on them.
Еhe Voil logo on your older models adds a nice touch of nostalgia, doesn't it? It's always fascinating to see how branding and design evolve over the years in the world of guitars from hand holding money. This type of logos is very appreciated to me so I am really intersted in this. If you ever want to share more about your collection or your experiences with these guitars, I'm all ears! Go ahead! It is very good start.

Last edited:
Back