HeadRush Gigboard & 2x FRFR108s

Stereo is fun!
Regarding the stickers, I'd remove them. I only say this from a functional aspect. The 108 has an 8" driver and a compression driver. I'm not sure which one the sticker is in front of, but it is a wall (albeit a rather thin one).
SRV and others took to taping the grille of speakers directly in front of the cone in order to better disperse the highs. But the 108 has no need of dispersal, as that is it's core competency, and I would consider the stickers an impediment sonically.
So... wanna keep the stickers for later? Go get some wax paper, carefully remove them and apply them to the wax paper for safe storage.
Done.

Thanks for the replies guys, I think I have to try them. Thankfully my GC carries them and I can test them, where the Kemper is a ghost and I had to buy one sight unseen.

The Boss wasn’t on my radar and I’ll have to check that one out too.
Best of luck on the tone hunt mate!

Now it's official. Stickers removed, stored on wax paper along with owner's manual safely. Awaiting speaker stands hopefully Sunday early afternoon. Am seriously wondering if the speakers wouldn't do well where they are, instead of up on stands. Will test drive the Gigboard again (stickers removed) Monday in both bookcase and stand config and provide tone report...

Now it's official. Stickers removed, stored on wax paper along with owner's manual safely. Awaiting speaker stands hopefully Sunday early afternoon. Am seriously wondering if the speakers wouldn't do well where they are, instead of up on stands. Will test drive the Gigboard again (stickers removed) Monday in both bookcase and stand config and provide tone report...
Now go out to your car and remove the window sticker. :p:D

Last edited:
One of the coolest thing modelers do is the real effects of stereo delays and other effects. You will never experience any of that with your setup. Even on the floor in left and right positions, you will. This is not rocket surgery.

Speaker stands arrived about 12:30 today. Displacement between speakers may not be so easy; area to the right of my workstation is limited. Notorious stickers removed.

67X1U9R.jpg

Speaker stands arrived about 12:30 today. Displacement between speakers may not be so easy; area to the right of my workstation is limited. Notorious stickers removed.

67X1U9R.jpg

Looks like an interesting rig, CP. Eats up a lot of space in your room, though - kind of like having a giant Marshall stack in there!

Looks like an interesting rig, CP. Eats up a lot of space in your room, though - kind of like having a giant Marshall stack in there!

LOL...the room is not all that big and is occupied with a lot of extraneous items that are part of my living space...though thanks for the encouragement...will post my Gigboard's main setlist rigs in a minute...

jkfPTsO.jpg

Clean Amp: Black Lux Norm, CT-George Benson 1x12 IR

ITLQvqT.jpg

Smooth Amp: Bogner Blue, DM Greenback 4x12 SM57/121IR

K81q4Fa.jpg

Crunch Amp: '82 Lead 100W, DM Greenback 4x12 SM57/121 IR

937IDwj.jpg

Lead Amps: "Blue Line"; Bogner Blue, 2x12 Greenback 421/V30 121 IR

Plz Note: FX Loop blocks are designed to receive the cable via MIX input of my SE HB II Piezo via Gigboard FX Return.

Last edited:

67X1U9R.jpg

Can’t really tell from the pic, but how much wider is your room, than what is in this view? I see the left corner. How far from the right speaker is the right corner? I can’t really tell what it is to the left, but you can spread those speakers farther than that.

Is there enough room to make an equilateral triangle between your playing position and the speakers? If so, start there. I realize you’re probably not a huge wide heavy chorus guy, but one of the great things about this type of setup is the true “space” you can put into your sound, and a bit more spread should get you there. Stereo delays are addicting!

Can’t really tell from the pic, but how much wider is your room, than what is in this view? I see the left corner. How far from the right speaker is the right corner? I can’t really tell what it is to the left, but you can spread those speakers farther than that.

Is there enough room to make an equilateral triangle between your playing position and the speakers? If so, start there. I realize you’re probably not a huge wide heavy chorus guy, but one of the great things about this type of setup is the true “space” you can put into your sound, and a bit more spread should get you there. Stereo delays are addicting!

Thanks, but the right side has a mini-fridge and the left side an audio rack. The area to my right is somewhat limited.

Theoretically, it might be possible (if I locate the correct length EIC power and TRS Cables) to position my speaker stands one either side of my computer workstation, in proximity to either side of my JBL computer monitors. That would provide a separation of about 4-½ to 5 feet, adequate to hear stereo effects. (Will be checking with my stored cables, and Sweetwater for needed cables momentarily...)

Last edited:
I used these in a room for my daughter when the floor mounted versions took up too much space. Allows wider separation with no loss of floor space.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...rEOrHNiiRAW2DAD-r_BoCz4QQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

NG6UVHI.jpg

These are actually a good idea, but I'd likely need mount them on finished pine board to avoid the stands from digging into wallboard. My brother the carpenter could help, but since I've already got the floor stands, I think I'll just try to work with these instead...

Thanks, but the right side has a mini-fridge and the left side an audio rack. The area to my right is somewhat limited.

Theoretically, it might be possible (if I locate the correct length EIC power and TRS Cables) to position my speaker stands one either side of my computer workstation, in proximity to either side of my JBL computer monitors. That would provide a separation of about 5 to 6 feet, adequate to hear stereo effects. (Will be checking with my stored cables, and Sweetwater for needed cables momentarily...)

OK, done deal. Found a 10 foot IEC power cable which will reach from the left speaker across to its outlet on the right. Also, 2 (10 foot) ¼" TRS cables. Both of these will make it easier to relocate the speaker stands both L/R of my computer workstation. The Gigboard can still reside to the right where space will be freed up from the current left channel speaker stand...

Thanks, but the right side has a mini-fridge and the left side an audio rack.

I fully understand the need of a mini fridge in the guitar area as drinking beer is a time honored part of the guitar playing experience. However, could it be relocated to allow for a wider spacing of the FRFR?

I fully understand the need of a mini fridge in the guitar area as drinking beer is a time honored part of the guitar playing experience. However, could it be relocated to allow for a wider spacing of the FRFR?

One might think this is possible, but I've got feng shui to an exact science in my living room. Unless I put the mini-fridge on top of my audio rack, and repositioned my copier/printer in the former fridge's place, the logistics would still not work correctly.

The only other possible place would be to put the fridge into the concrete fireplace on double shelves for support strength. I'd prefer to not risk that in case the shelves couldn't hold the fridge's weight. (Though that would be the only place the fridge could be effectively be placed.)

Putting the fridge into the concrete bookcase would require the help of my nephew whom I've not heard from recently.

My current choice will soon be placing the FRFRs on either side of my workstation with about 4-½ feet of separation. It's doable, but am awaiting on cable which can reach needed connection points. Cable delivery is supposedly scheduled tomorrow, Tuesday. Will wait and see.

this thread is crazy as my ex wife.

No worries, jxe, this is just personal stuff you might see if one were doing a renovation on This Old House or similar. Not relating to worldly doings and such.

How do you like the cinder block fireplace bookcase? Designed that from my college days where a shorter stack of cinder blocks were my word processor workstation, and also housed my stereo receiver and CD player. Dang, that was almost 25 years ago. Since then, the cinder block bookcase has been used to house some boutique amps as well as serving as a place to store books. Until recently, it housed my Brunetti Singleman amp, then the 2 FRFRs. A good 750 lbs. of cinder blocks (we calculated). Not easily disassembled or rebuilt, takes some strength standing on a step stool and lifting 7 feet.

Back