Heading to Orlando for work...

DougUSMC

Perpetual Practicer
Monday for a few days, any cool (non-chain) guitar shops that I should check out?

Blackbird Vintage off of Virginia Drive. Some great stuff in there. Closed on Monday but open Tuesday.
Great brewery around the corner too. (Ivanhoe brewing).

Figures, I've been not paying much attention to the board except NAMM stuff - anyway, too late now, I suppose.

There was a local shop that I was going to suggest (though I myself had never visited), but it appears they have closed and/or moved out of the area (Sound4Less).

I need to check out Blackbird Vintage.

Figures, I've been not paying much attention to the board except NAMM stuff - anyway, too late now, I suppose.

There was a local shop that I was going to suggest (though I myself had never visited), but it appears they have closed and/or moved out of the area (Sound4Less).

I need to check out Blackbird Vintage.

Sound4Less is still around. They're down near Universal. I got my SE Angelus from them. Good dudes there too.

Another vote for sound4less. Wish I bought the wicked tremonti baritone I tried there. They have lots of prs guitars.

Thanks all, I'll have to keep that place in mind, next time I go down!

Sound4Less is still around. They're down near Universal. I got my SE Angelus from them. Good dudes there too.
Really? I poked around online, and I saw reviews saying the Orlando location was closed, and their website lists this as their physical address:

2201 NW 102nd Place, unit 2, Doral FL 33172

Their last post on Facebook for their "Outlet" page was in Nov 2018 (over a year ago), and their regular page says they are located in Doral. Their main FB page has a map link that goes nowhere (literally).

I could definitely be wrong. I haven’t gone since around Xmas of 2018. They’re instagram page is still active though with new stuff coming in. ‍

None really. Orlando sucks for guitar stores. And I was never a fan of sound4less. They didn’t take trade-ins and weren’t willing to negotiate on pricing nearly as much as practically every other dealer. It seemed like a place that primarily wanted/wants to do business with tourists who are willing to pay their prices.

Back