Heading to D.C. In June...

Egads

One, Two, THIRTEEN!
I'm going to be in D.C. For a few days the second week of June. I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have, but would like to hear thoughts on what to do. It's been years since I've been there, but also plan on coming back with the family in the near future. Is trip is business, then guitar-focused. I'll probably save the museums and monuments for the family visit.

I haven't checked to see if a factory tour is an option, but would love that. I'll be staying in Georgetown, if you have nay food recommendations, too. Guitar shops? Bars? I'll be in town Sun through Weds or Thurs, 6/8-6/11 or 6/12. Anybody around for a meet-up?

There are no guitar shops in DC anymore that I am aware of. There are various Guitar Centers in the area and some small shops in Virginia. The best shop non-chain store in Maryland s probably Bill's Music in Catonsvile just west of Baltimore. Lots of stuff on display and tons stored away out the basement.

Don't forget Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center (WMC) in Wheaton. Probably the biggest seller of PRS in the State...

Don't forget Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center (WMC) in Wheaton. Probably the biggest seller of PRS in the State...

Forgot about Levin's. There used to be good store on Rockville Pike called Veneman's but the location is now a funeral home. I think Veneman's moved not far away but it's a shadow of it's former self the last I looked, over 10 years ago.

Veneman's is now a Guitar Center... Next to the car wash, across from Target...

Definitely worth a 30 minute drive. Atomic Music isn't far away in Beltsville, also. According to another thread they had an EVH PRS prototype, so no telling what you may find and where.

Definitely worth a 30 minute drive. Atomic Music isn't far away in Beltsville, also. According to another thread they had an EVH PRS prototype, so no telling what you may find and where.

Went out today and was 1 for 2. Levin's was great. Found a new 6V6 tube for the Fender Champ. Atomic looks like it is gone. Nothing and nobody there.

Thanks for the info, guys. I started this post, then didn't see the responses until now. I'll check out Chuck Levin's.

Rob, I'll be in touch about at beer.

I'm going to have a little free time, so if anyone has any other ideas, I'm open.

Back