Heading to Atlanta...

Egads

One, Two, THIRTEEN!
Hey Gang,

The wife and I are heading to Atlanta tomorrow and I'm hoping to get some good tips on guitar stores, food, drinks, coffee, etc. I'll have the better part of a day on my own, so I'll be able to spend some time hitting guitar shops. We're staying out east, near Decatur. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

When I was there earlier this month I liked Octane coffee - I went to the one just off the 400 inside the loop.
5th Season Brewery on the NW edge of the I285 loop had excellent food and beer.
Do NOT park in a shopping area lot if you are not staying there - they have teams that troll the lot to boot your car if they see you walk off. They'll come to great you and take your money within minutes of you getting back to your car.

Hey man, I'm in Decatur. Shoot me a PM if you want to catch up. Decatur is a foodie haven.

Maple Street Guitars in Buckhead is cool, but they don't deal PRS. The Guitar Center on NE Expressway always has a few nice ones in the Platinum Room.

Atlanta Discount Music is cool for used stuff. There's also Boutique Guitar Exchange, which is self explanatory.

Thanks guys! Good tip about the parking. I don't usually do that, but you never know.

We hit Octane/The Little Tart in Grant Park when we got in today. Great coffee and the food was awesome.

Garrett, I'll drop you a line...

That's a cool little spot in Grant Park. Lots of little neighborhoods worth visiting on the east side of downtown ATL.

Yeah, we don't mess around with our parking around here. They WILL get you. If you hit Decatur after 6pm or on weekends, you can park for free in the courthouse garage on W Trinity Pl. You can walk to tons of restaurants and shops from there.

Garrett, it was great to meet you! Thanks for taking me around for a little while.

I can now vouch for dinner at PARISH, cocktails at Top Flr, and Boutique Guitar Exchange (if anyone is looking for an used Dr. Z Maz 38 with a Brake Lite at a great price...). I'll check or Maple Street Guitars this afternoon, and Kimball House for dinner

Thanks again, guys.

Cool man. Yeah it was good meeting you and talking a bit of shop! Hopefully Guitar Center had a few pieces worth playing with.

One last follow-up:

Kimball house is truly outstanding, both for food and drinks. We were just in Portland, OR, which I consider one of the best food towns in the world. Kimball House can stand it's ground.

Leon's Full Service has good, interesting drinks and good desserts.

Sweet Melissa's was great for Sunday morning brunch, despite the wait.

Maple Street Guitars has some really nice stuff, but they are waaaaay too prissy about their guitars. They had "Please ask for assistance" signs on...Squires. No thanks.

Decatur was by far our favorite area.

Back