HDRX 20????

GO ANDY!!!! Can't wait to hear what you think of it. I'll probably start making preparations now to get one shortly.
I'm excited! The tones from the demos have been fantastic. Very interested to plug in, getting another import amp wasn't on my radar but a HDRX with a master wasn't something I saw coming. When I talked to Jack, he said they have USA 50 and 100 watt heads in stock - that was tempting, the Maryland factor weighs heavy on my mind, but it's just not practical for me for any kind of live play and getting crunch at a reasonable volume. And I'm not going to drag an attenuator around. If the CAD service was still going, I'd probably already have a 50 with an added MV.

Paul mentioned Eric Johnson has been using the 20 for his lead tones, interested to know if that was one of the production run amps.
How does it sound with humbuckers?

Every demo I've seen is with a strat and they do Jimi-ish noodling.
They also did some humbucker work at the end of the PRS demo, and in a couple of the interview/demos that went up recently. Spoiler alert - sounds great with HB's too! I expect the upper mid boost switch will be very handy when using HB's to add some clarity.

They’ll sell a load of those! Calling @LSchefman
It'd be impossible to resist if it was made in Maryland. If it was, I'd have been willing to pay more for it.

I will not buy gear made overseas if I have other options. To do so would be hypocritical. It's really important to me to support American workers when possible.

I realize that lots of people will love the price point. I will simply pay more for USA product of equal or better quality, if available. Everyone says, "Support US industry." Well, that costs more. But it benefits more people here. I like that.

Incidentally, my ad clients are here in the USA for the most part (I've done a lot of work for VW, too, so hallo Deutschland!). But American industry supports me. So I support it.

I'm not against International trade, it's a good thing. But choices have to be made. Junk electronics like TVs? Sure. Can't get 'em except from overseas. Studio gear? When possible I buy USA goods. Guitars? Amps? USA only. Best gear of its kind in the world, period.

Yes, I'm a curmudgeon! ;)

Last edited:
I am more of a high gain amp guy so its not really for me. Sounds nice and has nice features the price is also very nice BUT...

who decided on the look of the amp????

I know I know its about how it sounds and not the look, but its not that hard to make it look pleasing is it???

I am more of a high gain amp guy so its not really for me. Sounds nice and has nice features the price is also very nice BUT...

who decided on the look of the amp????

I know I know its about how it sounds and not the look, but its not that hard to make it look pleasing is it???
Personally, I think it looks fantastic. I'll be you're an outlier.

My issue is where it's made.

All clean or clean-ish demos so far. I can't wait to hear it with a fuzz face type, and then something like a Barber Gain Changer, and Zen Drive type pedal. And of course a vibe... How about a HORSEY! (Refuse to add the meat to the name, not that I'm vegan or anything...)

(Refuse to add the meat to the name, not that I'm vegan or anything...)
Can't say a pedal name??? Oh hell. In my teen years I was in a band called The Meat Market.

No one ever objected. Even moms and dads who hired us for their kids' parties. Maybe they were oblivious, or maybe they thought all teenagers were inherently nuts.

Disclaimer: I did not name the band. But I thought the name was fun back in the day. I was 15-16. We got a LOT of gigs! Don't ask what I did with the money we made. ;)

"What did you do with the money you made?"

"I put it into my college savings fund, of course, since that's what my parents MADE me do. What an embarrassment! I could have wasted it on...stuff. I wanted to spend it on a variety of wasteful things, like music gear. Now I spend money on...oh, yeah, wasteful things, like music gear."

"So you're still stupid."

"Hey, dog! I resemble that remark." :mad:

Last edited:
Can't say a pedal name??? Oh hell. In my teen years I was in a band called The Meat Market.
LOL. It’s not because I think it’s dirty. I heard what he said about why he named it that. I just think the name is goofy. So I hereby nickname it “Horsey” moving forward.

Back