HDRX 20 / Sonzera 20 Video

These both sound really good. Nice video demo!
Wow, both do sound great. My takeaways:

The huge difference is in the cleans. The Sonzera is crystal clean, especially with the Silver Sky. I wonder how the HDRX20 would sound with treble channel at or above where it was set, and bass channel rolled off more? I do love that gritty clean though.

While the HDRX sounds killer with single coils, it seems to love the McCarty. That guitar just sounded sublime through it.

The Sonzera clean channel is a totally different tone, and seems to love the Silver Sky. The Sonzera gain channel was not that far off from the HDRX20 with the McCarty humbuckers. Both sounded really good. The HDRX is kinda wonderful with the McCarty with gain though.

The HDRX20 is amazing through a 1x12 - way better than I thought, since I seem to hear it through 2x12 or 4x12 cabs on most demos I think.

I *think* my little Mkv25 combo will do what the Sonzera will do, though likely not as easy to dial in, and nearly twice the price new. I’ll probably get the HDRX20 when I find one used or new at a really good price - it seems like the closest thing to a plexi type tone for a guy who shouldn’t spend plexi money, or take up plexi space in his “guitar corner.” I grew up on the tones that live in the HDRX20. My Mkv25 can get kinda close, but not quite there.

All of this, of course from a beginner who knows he should just shut up and practice, and not buy anything guitar related ever again!

All of this, of course from a beginner who knows he should just shut up and practice, and not buy anything guitar related ever again!

Everyone is fully entitled to love their tone, regardless of self-perceived level of play!

Why would anyone put up with anything less, for so much as one single note?

I'm sure all of us would agree that you, sir, need make no apologies and your input is perfectly valid and desired! :)

Everyone is fully entitled to love their tone, regardless of self-perceived level of play!

Why would anyone put up with anything less, for so much as one single note?

I'm sure all of us would agree that you, sir, need make no apologies and your input is perfectly valid and desired! :)
Thanks for that @László.

Back