HDRX 100

I'm in contact with them:
I sent the original back to Sweetwater and then sent me an older HX version it worked great for about 8hrs, blew sent it back to PRS. Damaged power tube in transit blew fuses and some resistors. New tubes, fuses and resistors, sent back to me. Worked awesome for a 4hr gig, jammed at home for another 4hrs and took it to the next gig a couple days later and blew upon turning on. I've used with an Ox Box for the attenuation.

I really want this amp to work! It sounds amazing when it does. Full humbuckers with my DGT it gets close to Duane tones. I've babied this amp so much since getting it back from PRS, I'm perplexed as to what is making it pop. I'm hoping this isn't a stay at home amp that needs extra coddle. My 67 Super Reverb has endured so much more than this amp :/

If we can't figure out what is going on I might try to trade it with some money back for the 50 watt version and see how it handles.

I‘m curious if you have an update. Did you get the 50 Watter?

I'm not a tech but I'm pretty sure you generally want a power attenuator to have more power than the amp. It has the potential to cook the power attenuator and your amp.

Ah after looking at the specs I see it has a 100w output and a Power Input (Max continuous): 200 W @ 2/4 Ohms; 150 W @ 8 Ohms; 200 W @16 Ohms.
Nice, I've been using an Ox Box but the Fryette looks to be sweeter.

Just played the 100w at a friends house, i got the 20w at home, good lord what a beast!!
I also have to say they sound better than the marshalls i tried and im super happy with the 20w.
They respond great to tube rolling too, got mullard v1, rft v2 and tesla gold v3 with Philips 6L6wgb sounds phenomenal.
Theres nothing better for Jimi than these with nice greenbacks!
Oh and thanks for all the great youtube uploads @carlygtr =)

Theres nothing better for Jimi than these with nice greenbacks!
I’m anxious to hear someone try H speakers w/ 55hz cones, like Jimi preferred. But… if the amp was voiced with other speakers, rather than like the original, 75hz cones would work better. But I think they pretty much copied the original, so 55hz cones should kill with single coils

I’m anxious to hear someone try H speakers w/ 55hz cones, like Jimi preferred. But… if the amp was voiced with other speakers, rather than like the original, 75hz cones would work better. But I think they pretty much copied the original, so 55hz cones should kill with single coils
I have an G12H 55hz from 1971 pulsonic cone coming in two weeks, will report, should slay^^
I bought two 1x12 HDRX Cabs for combining 1x G12H and 1x G12M Pre Rola, the G12H comes first now, the G12M i will get in Spring.
For now i play a Greenback RI from 89 with the 6402 cone if im not mistaken, its already killer but nothing compared to pre rolas (friend had a 2x12 Greenback Pre Rola here to test with the HDRX)

Last edited:
I have an G12H 55hz from 1971 pulsonic cone coming in two weeks, will report, should slay^^
I bought two 1x12 HDRX Cabs for combining 1x G12H and 1x G12M Pre Rola, the G12H comes first now, the G12M i will get in Spring.
For now i play a Greenback RI from 89 with the 6402 cone if im not mistaken, its already killer but nothing compared to pre rolas (friend had a 2x12 Greenback Pre Rola here to test with the HDRX)
Scumback?

Before I got the PRS 4x12 I ran it thru a 2012 HW cab w/ Celestion G12H 30's. w/ the 55hz cones. It was killer. I was very happy w/ the pairing but really wanted the matching PRS cab. That also sounds great. Maybe a bit more mids.

313425852_10229003252409985_8743501770777928681_n.jpg

I gotta say, if any one has the chance and is interestet, try to get a pre rola pulsonic Cone G12H or G12M for that matter.
My 1971 G12H55hz came and i cant stop playing, i had every speaker in the book before, theres nothing like it really.
Its sounds so present but yet smooth, nothing shrill at all, the mids a bit scoop but are crazy warm like their brother G12M fromn that era, now that i hear it in person its really funny how different all the newer "greenback" etc reissues sound.
I honestly started to shed tears when the volume came up and the fuzz was hitting the HDRX incredible, 10 years of listeing to jimi and now this feeling for the first time, love this amp!!!

Back