HDRX 100 demo from Peach Guitars

Did you watch all the way to the end? He used an SG for the last 1/3 or so. Or, did you mean do the whole demo with just humbuckers?

Yeah, I'd like to see an all-humbucker demo, especially with a PRS guitar. Some of the demos have HB loaded guitars at the end, but they're kind of an afterthought, don't really put the amp through all its paces. I have a SS, but primarily play humbuckers, so I'd like to hear the cleans (and how much headroom) and everything in between, just to know if it's as good with those as it is with single coils.

I *might* consider getting a 50 watt, but I would need an attenuator, probably get the Tone King Ironman II, because it has a footswitchable solo boost, so that's another $800. I want to know what's up before I drop that kind of cash! Otherwise, maybe there are more amps on the way, the USA amp lineup is a little sparse right now. I'd love to see an updated version of the Custom 50 concept.

The other one on my radar is the Friedman Twin Sister. It has more creature comforts. We'll see.

Wow. That is 100% the Hendrix live tone. And it's a different kind of tone than the HXDA (think, though I'll experiment a bit to see if I can get that with my HXDA). Seems more gristly in the top end, and of course with 100 Watts, tighter in the bottom end.

That's a really special amp. I'll probably have to get one; though I don't play Hendrix stuff, I don't suppose that matters. It's a great sound.

Wow. That is 100% the Hendrix live tone. And it's a different kind of tone than the HXDA (think, though I'll experiment a bit to see if I can get that with my HXDA). Seems more gristly in the top end, and of course with 100 Watts, tighter in the bottom end.

That's a really special amp. I'll probably have to get one; though I don't play Hendrix stuff, I don't suppose that matters. It's a great sound.
I've heard many Hendrix live recordings and it really gets that tone. Impress your friends and wake up your neighbors!

I think it is just rather darn cool to have the man's amp. Shoot maybe they will do a Stevie Ray Vaughn Dumble Steel String Singer or vintage Marshall Major one day.

There is no one that is more influential or iconic as Mr. Hendrix. For me I am passing on this. I love playing Hendrix, but I will never be Hendrix. No one has the tones of his hands only Jimi does. I rather still have the fun of trying to emulate his tones when I play two of his songs live on stage yet still sound like ol' Busy Jimi ( me) the rest of the set. Trust me I will not buy a SRV or B.B.King Signature guitars, especially with their names of the guitars on display. Too much to live up too and no this is not an attempt to be a wet blanket. This definitely screams passion project for those that love history and music such as Paul and David do. I am in a mode and this stage in my guitar playing life where I am working on my own style and finding my unique tones that work for me.

Last edited:
So if you’re someone like myself who will only use this at home and with an attenuator, do you buy the 50 or go with the 100? Will you get better tones out of the 100?

Another question for you guys with more experience than me. I’d be using it with a DG 2x12 with the open “mesh” back cab. Will I get the tones from the amp that I should or do I need to go with a true closed back cabinet?

Back