HBII

dcm_guitar

I bought a Vela a few months ago and have played it a LOT since I got it. It's such a fun, cool, interesting, unique sounding guitar that it's hard for me to put it down.

Two years ago, I bought my first PRS; an artist package HBII with maple neck. Over the last week, I made a conscious decision to put down the Vela and play the HBII more. It's such an amazing instrument!! It's so stunning to look at and sounds phenomenal!! It's almost like getting a new guitar since I've been playing the Vela so much.

This is not my guitar, but this is VERY similar:
PRS_Hollowbody_II_10_Top_Fire_Red_2048X2048.jpg

Hands-down, one of my favorite models. Incredibly easy to play and absolutely beautiful to look at. I don't gig mine - probably should at some point - but it gets the most play when at home.

Reactions: Tag
I would love a HBII in Fire Red Burst - its the one guitar that I am 'missing' - a Hollowbody with Piezo. My 509 covers the Single Coil 'Stratty' tones, my 594 the classic LP tones and my CU24 the classic PRS and more modern tones

Sounds you like you need an HBII. Add in a Vela for Tele type tones (the Vela is a menage a trois lovechild from a drunken night of passion between a Tele, a Strat and an SG).

Sounds you like you need an HBII. Add in a Vela for Tele type tones (the Vela is a menage a trois lovechild from a drunken night of passion between a Tele, a Strat and an SG).

Apart from the fact I dislike the Vela (and any guitar with a scratch plate) will mean tat the Vela is never going to be on my radar. My 509 is my guitar for tele/strat tones. One of the reasons I love PRS is that they make guitars where you can see the wood grain and don't hide half the guitar behind a hideous plastic looking scratch plate. Each to their own of course...

Love my 2002 Hollowbody II in Vintage Yellow. It is strung with D'Adarrio ECG23 extra light flatwound strings (10's) which gives a very nice warm and mellow tone especially with the low output Archtop pickups. Vintage Yellow is not among my favorite colors, but it really works with this Hollowbody and the gold hardware.

I have a P22 so that covers the piezo pickup territory so I do not miss having one on this Hollowbody.

30997711358_7ed6fc7197_b.jpg

44150223514_27c70f056d_b.jpg

I have an HBII with a regular mahogany neck and an HBSC with a maple neck -- I'm pretty sure I'm keeping them both.

Back