HBII or Singlecut HBII

gear_freak

I am interested in these guitars, but playing one is not an option yet. Is there a significant difference between the two tonally? I know the singlecut is thicker than the double cut, based on looking at some pics of the input jacks and the body around it. Anyone own both, or have played both? Thanks!!!

The SC is also fully hollow; the HB has a center block. They are different, tonally, and respond to volume differently. I currently have an SC HB Std and an SC HB II. They are by far my favorite guitars.

I am obsessed with HBIIs. I currently have a Artist 2012 and a new AP in production. I have owned some standard HBIIs as well. The SC HBII tends have a little more Midrange to them due to the slightly larger Body. I am a big fan of the Standard HBIIs but both are amazing guitars.

Thanks guys! I was thinking the same about the HBII singlecut as well. I'll have to hunt one down in my area. Wish I could compare the JA15, HBII and HBII singlecut side by side.

I have a SCHB2. And I agree with Markie. It sounds fuller and better to my taste. It's a matter of taste really
This is what I felt too. In fairness, I never got to try one with a mahogany back in either variety but I felt more at home on the SCHB II than the doublecut. Just a little more depth/woodiness there IMO.

This is what I felt too. In fairness, I never got to try one with a mahogany back in either variety but I felt more at home on the SCHB II than the doublecut. Just a little more depth/woodiness there IMO.

Woodiness!

Back