HB II Piezo question. Dead batteries.

John in Utah

I have a PRS HB II with Piezo. The battery keeps going dead every week or two. Should I keep the switches in a certain position as in the mini switch in the magnetic pick-ups only position when I am not playing, or is something wrong? Thanks to all who answer.

I did have a similar issue with a non-PRS guitar, The wiring was defective, in that the circuit connecting the battery was NOT disconnected when the jack was unplugged. Hence, it continued to draw down the battery 24/7. Fairly simple fix once you know what you are dealing with, but some guitars are a bit more complex "under the hood".

Yes I have been leaving it plugged in. I will unplug from now on. THANKS Sergiodeblanc, veinbuster and all others.

I used to leave my guitar plugged in all the time, because, well, I had just one real guitar.

Even when I had two or three good electrics, the last played would stay plugged in.

But now, I switch instruments so much during gigs and jams and practice that I just always unplug.

Plus I realized that leaving the cable plugged in was probably a good way to accidentally trip on the cord and pull the guitar to the floor...

Back