Have you tried the Lion Tamer?

Discussion in 'Amplifiers' started by danktat, Jun 23, 2021.

1. danktat

danktat Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist

Oh my! I had no idea this thing was going to work as well as it has. I've spent the past couple of years trying to calm down my loud a** Fender Hot Rod DeVille to try to play it at bedroom levels. I have tried volume pedals in the effects loop. I even purchased an attenuator that required me to go up underneath and unplug the speaker cable in route it through the attenuator to make it work. Just for sh*ts and giggles I ordered one of these Dr. Watson "Lion Tamers" that I had heard about. Wasn't expecting much out of it at $27. It actually shipped here from the UK and arrived to my door in SEVEN days. I was able to get this ridiculously loud amplifier down to a whisper and still maintain the total characteristics of something that was as loud as if I were at a rehearsal or a gig. I believe these work for Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and DeVille, Blues Deluxe and Deville, and Peavey Classic series tube amps. If you haven't tried one of these, I suggest that you do. I'm no longer skeptical.

[​IMG]

Alnus Rubra and Moondog Wily like this.
  2. xjbebop

xjbebop Yippy ki yay...

Interesting!