Have you played your 513 today?

Dancing Frog

Senior 513 Whore
With them out of production, they need more attention than ever.

My youngest 513 Rosewood is 10 years now, so I took her out for a spin. Still a great guitar with the flag of Brazil on the back of the neck.
DSC_0002-1.jpg
DSC_0167.jpg

And a 509

and an SAS....
You could go do two for three. A 513 SA is pretty much a history of the SAS in one guitar. That would before the narrowfields of course.
IMG_1978.jpg

I played the 509 right after I played the 513 rosewood last night, and I was surprised to notice how similar they were. The nearest thing I can figure is the slight scope of the rosewood tames the sharpness of the highs while the 509's pick ups do it.

Last edited:
You could go do two for three. A 513 SA is pretty much a history of the SAS in one guitar. That would before the narrowfields of course.
IMG_1978.jpg

I played the 509 right after I played the 513 rosewood last night, and I was surprised to notice how similar they were. The nearest thing I can figure is the slight scope of the rosewood tames the sharpness of the highs while the 509's pick ups do it.

I was ready to pull the trigger on one that looked just like that about a month ago. Asked the seller a question and someone snagged it while I was waiting for an answer :(

My 513 is currently owned by a friend of mine... actually, it's always been owned by a friend of mine; he picked it up on a trip out East and when he brought it home I instantly fell in love with it. I made him promise that if he ever sold it, he would sell it to me, and I remind him of that promise regularly... but so far, in over three years, I haven't been able to convince him to let it go. We've been playing in the same band together for 30 years, and he won't sell me this guitar! He says he'll put it in his will for me... I'm gonna out-live him just so I can finally own this axe!!

I played my 513 LATE into the night , seems like everytime I play it I find a new tone or setting that just kills

AS a matter of fact I'm playing it while I'm reading this post with a smile on my face
I've been playing my DC 245 more lately so I loaned to my friend for a week so I can enjoy my 513 much better
From your collection I really like the grey black and this red the most, thanks G for rekindling our passion more for this
awesome axe,

Back