Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

I can't wait to get my hands on mine. I'd been scoping out the other S2 Semi-Hollows for a while, but have always held a fondness for the Vela. Now, I get to have the best of both. The Vela just looks right as a Semi-Hollow. Hopefully a standard wood version joins the normal lineup.

I can't wait to get my hands on mine. I'd been scoping out the other S2 Semi-Hollows for a while, but have always held a fondness for the Vela. Now, I get to have the best of both. The Vela just looks right as a Semi-Hollow. Hopefully a standard wood version joins the normal lineup.
...and the satin finish FTW!

You can tell @Shawn@PRS is doing his job well because it's not even 8am and I'm already jonesning for my next Peroba Rosa hit.

The good news is that my Vela may be arriving at the dealer today! Now I just need to find enough to occupy me at work so I don't go insane waiting to leave and pick it up.

Your wish is my command

IMG_2725.JPG
IMG_2727.JPG
IMG_2731.JPG

Tax day Monday... wife says depending on how they come out, there could be a NGD in my future. We're gonna owe $, just a question of how much.

I've noticed that a majority of S2 Custom 22's and Singlecuts for sale new are the semi hollow versions. And a lot of forum brothers seem to buy them over the solid bodies as well. And, of course, the success of the Zach Myers continues. I wouldn't be surprised to see a regular production Vela semi, maybe even a CE.

It almost looks quilted!
Indeed, looks like mildly figured Peroba Rosa!

gah, if I get my RL SH Vela and it has a plain looking top...I'll still be happy. I'm sure it will still look awesome as heck. But some of these tops, oh my!

Indeed, looks like mildly figured Peroba Rosa!

gah, if I get my RL SH Vela and it has a plain looking top...I'll still be happy. I'm sure it will still look awesome as heck. But some of these tops, oh my!
While I appreciate pretty gittars, I'm more concerned with how they feel, play & sound. "Pretty / fancy" doesn't always equal "better instrument"... a lot like a loud, obnoxious exhaust doesn't always equal "fast car"...

Mrs. Bebop, otoh, usually buys gittars based on looks.... :p

Right there with ya, brother!

While I appreciate pretty gittars, I'm more concerned with how they feel, play & sound. "Pretty / fancy" doesn't always equal "better instrument"... a lot like a loud, obnoxious exhaust doesn't always equal "fast car"...

Well, yeah, but it's a PRS. We know it's going to feel, play, and sound great (and that if there is anything wrong, they'll take care of us)!

Back